ONE

INTRO

Today is Rafes 16 birthday! The Walkers are over for dinner and cake since we are good friends.
I'm outside in the field, watching the crops turn into gold from the sun.
The guys, Danny and Rafe ran up to me
"We're going for a fly wanna come?" Rafe asked
I shook my head no  "Thanks for asking" and  went inside.

I packed a bag of clothes, money, and a medical book.
I'm planning to runaway. I have a good reason too. All attention is on Rafe, yes he has dyslexia but even when he does the smallest thing he gets praised. When I graduated high school at 14 I got grounded. When Danny and Rafe doin out about that, they were equally confused.

Well now they can have Rafe all to themselves and not have to worry about their other kid.

When I ran away, I meet Earl. He was my fathers age, but he treats me like his own daughter. He taught me how to fly, do tricks, shot a gun, fix engines, and repair planes. On my 16th birthday I went up to Earl and said "I want to be a nurse in the navy"
he smiled "Good"
A month after I signed up and got accepted, that's where I meet Betty. She is the same age as me! We became best friends as soon as we meet. Evelyn says our smiles bright a room, but when we're together they can bright up the whole town.

End Of Intro

Here I am, on a train to New York! Then Pearl Harbor. Evelyn just finished a story on how she met a guy named Rafe McCawley.
"And now that I think about it, he has the same eyes as Molly" Evelyn says
I look up "The last time I saw my brother was two years ago"
She shrugged and the train came to a holt.
We got off following Evelyn, who ran into Rafes arms.
Betty nudged my arm "I think that IS your brother" I gulped.
"Betty, he can't know I'm here! I ran away two years ago" I whispered.
"It will all be fine" she says rubbing my arm. She stops and goes up to Rafe
"Would you happen to have any friends?" He smiles and stepped out the way "Your pick"
I just walked by them all into the bar. I can't stand seeing him, I wonder if Danny's here.
I'm sitting at the bar when Evelyn walks up. "He's your brother ain't he?" she asks with a grin
I just nod my head.
"Yeah, thought so. Well he wants to see you, he knew it was you when you got off the train." She said
"I don't want to see him" I looked down.
"For Me Mol?" She begs
"Fine but only for you" I say getting up. I walk outside where Rafe and Danny are talking.
"What?" I ask walking through the door.
They both look at me.
"I said it once and I'll say it again what?"
"How'd you get here, your only 16" Rafe said
"Ran away at 14, meet Earl he's your dads age, he took care of me like a daughter. On my 16th birthday I said I wanted to be a nurse in the navy, he agreed. He's a commander in the navy already so he got me in, and now here I am talking to.... you"  I say
"You can't be a nurse, we are expecting a war sooner or later" Rafe said.
"That's the whole point Rafe" I say "so much for a 'warm welcome'" I quoted the air.
"Well anyway how have you been Danny" I say focusing my attention on him.
"Been better. But Rafe you need to tell her, she's your little sister"
"Tell Me what?" I ask looking between them. Rafe took a deep breathe "I'm going to England for war."
"Are you crazy?!" I almost yell.
Rafe just walked inside leaving me and Danny. I started to tear up and Danny seemed to notice, so he pulled me into a hug.
"Why's he looking for a war when a wars looking for us?" I ask
"I don't know, let's head inside" Danny said holding my hand.
We went in, Rafe and Evelyn were gone.
Danny and I danced to the song, catching up with each other. We stopped talking and just looked each other in the eyes. The lips, then back to eyes. Danny leaned in and i did too. It lasted a minute or two when we pulled away.
I smiled at him and he smiled at me. Then Betty tugged my arm "Cmon, we gotta get some sleep before tomorrow" she smiled.
"Be right there" I said looking at Danny again. "Goodnight Danny"
"Goodnight Molly" I kissed his cheek and ran up to Betty.
We walked in silence until we got in the elevator. "That was adorable!" She exclaimed.
We got off the elevator and went in our room.
I gathered my bags, dressed in pajamas and fell asleep.
+++++++++