Chapter 33

Previously on Monroe's Anatomy...

Emily's Pov

"Prove it then Dr Emily Monroe, do your job. Like you said, you are not Dr Elizabeth Monroe."His words shocked me. He emphasised my name and mother's as well , looking at not only me but Harry and I both. Was he suspicious? No no he couldnt have found out, Harry and I were always careful and the girls dont tell, Liam either. 

With I finally went to check on patients one by one. Harry sent me a text quickly so I read it discreetly.

H❤️:
You alright? I wish I could hug you right now. I tried to come to cardio department and warn you but Chief's been keeping me close to him from morning, apparently he thinks something's between us, well he s right but... you know. Thats why becareful. No matter, just remember that I love you❤️

Jesus Christ! Man I wished I knew before blasting at the Chief for his affair with Mum but now, oh boy this was bad. No Harry at work, I mean no secret PDA, no smiles no hugs no anything at work. Then Chief's poisonous words came to my head again, made my head turn.

Dr Emily Monroe...you are not Dr Elizabeth Monroe

Those were strong words and the way he looked at both Harry and I was weird to me at the time but not with Harry texted I was actually scared.

My mother was with the Chief while she was an intern and he was her attending. Look at Harry and me now. No no no no it can't be. We're not like them. Right?

I froze not doing anything to the little girl I was supposed to treat. I didnt know what to think, what to do, not just about my job, it made question about Harry and I, what were we? Just an illegal fling at work like my mother had or something serious? The little girl with a tube on her nose places her small hand in mind snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Doctor? You ok?"She asked me sweetly. I shook my head smiling at her.

"Yes, sorry hmm you must be Tatia? Can you tell me what happened to you?"I asked her nicely. I had to start working .

" Where's my mummy?"She asked as she was looking around the room searching for her mum. Wait a second, she was admitted alone?

"You were brought here alone? How old are you?"I asked her, yes its written in her patients name wristband but I wanted her to trust me so it ll be easier to treat her whatever she must have. Unlike the tube I dont see whats wrong in her , she looked really cute, a cute little one.

"I'm 8. Someone stole my mum's bag and the next thing everything went black and I woke up here"She told me very slowly to being scared, for her mum. Oh my god she s an assault victim.

"What? You don't know where your mum is? Did someone hit you? Do you remember anything on the scene?"I asked her putting my tab down and sat next to her.

"I don't know... that man was in full black , we couldnt see his face, he took mummy's bag and it went all black till I came here"She said as her eyes were teary.

"Went black? Were you hurt? and who put you this tube on your nose?"I asked her.

"Mum said it's some bad disease that she s scared it ll take me from her but she keeps praying I will feel better someday. And I dont remember but my head hurts now"She explained me very slowly. The mum didnt want her daughter to be afraid even if she had a cancer. I had to see if she was registered anywhere.