Chapter 11: Him

While Andi and Iris walked and talked as if they were best friends, Barry has time to think to himself. Andi is a mystery that would bring unexpected surprises that keep amusing him. Although, too many questions pile themselves on each other in his mind. In someway, they all involve Andi.

Why would Andi say she was my girlfriend? He asks in his head.

Eddie tries to keep up with Barry thinking of something to talk about. Barry shakes his head wondering what next Andi could do or say. Who knows what she will say or talk about with Iris. Most likely, they would bond over talking about him.

Eddie sees Barry's sad face expression and as a friend, he asks, "Hey, Barry what's wrong?"

Barry glances at Eddie blinks as he turns back to the view of Andi and Iris's backs. Barry runs his fingers through his brown hair and folds his arms. "I'm just thinking about-"

"Andi," Eddie finishes his sentence. "Iris seems happy about you and Andi and the way your face shows it makes you look like your hiding something."

"Iris has wanting to date someone for a while," Barry says. "So I guess she's just excited."

"Well, always tell the truth-"

"Whoa, whoa," Barry raises his voice with confusion. "Are you trying to give me girlfriend advice?"

"I'm just saying, it's important to tell each other everything." Eddie replies.

"Well, telling each other the truth is not what I'm worried about." Barry glances at Andi as she stops walking.

**

"Now what to do next?" Barry asks as an offer.

Andi walks facing at the ground. Her long hair blocks her face hoping the mild wind doesn't blow it back. Her hands rest in her jacket pockets. She can't think of anything to do other then run away to be alone, but she can't.

"Andi?" Andi hears Barry's voice as if it was from afar. "Andi?"

She straightens her back and turns to Barry. "Yes?" She finally speaks as if she wakes up from a dream.

Andi hears rings from bells coming from a door. She searches for the sound and finds out it came from an ice cream parlor. She looks back at Barry with a grin trying to tell him her idea without words. Barry opens his mouth to speak but before he can say any words, Andi pulls his wrist and lifts him off his feet as they walk to the parlor.

"Ice cream?" Barry acknowledges.

"I haven't gotten ice cream in a long time!" Andi implores him.

Andi enters the small ice cream parlor with a smile and scams the room with her eyes open wide. She greets the employee who welcomes her and Barry as they enter. She walks straight to the counter along with Barry following.

The man who's at the counter waits for their orders. "I'll take a two scoop ice cream cone," Andi orders. She looks around until she find the flavor she's looking for. "chocolate chip cookie dough."

Barry raises his eyebrows as he's surprised at how crazy the flavor is that she chose. "I'll take two scoops of vanilla in a bowl."

"Okay, that's just plain." Andi jests.

"What is?" Barry asks.

"Vanilla ice cream," Andi pauses. "in a bowl. That's not as fun as eating ice cream in a cone."

"Hey, I got two scoops-" Barry quipped.

"Oh my gosh, someone call the paparazzi!" Andi says with pure sass in her tone.