Chapter Seven

The redhead had woken up early and picked up each strand of hair that had been cut and left the room and Richie's house without making a noise and without waking him, as she slept heavily and would surely have a horrible headache.
It was 7:00 am when Richie's alarm went off and with a horrible headache he was looking for his cell phone to be able to turn it off, but he reacted when he saw the date, he should to deliver his final project, it was the most important project, that was defined  if he graduated or not, so Richie took a quick shower and started getting his things ready.
Soon Richie's cell phone started ringing and he thought it was the redhead calling to apologize for leaving without warning, but his surprise was great when he saw that the caller was Sonia Kaspbrak.
- Good morning Richie, I hope you are well.  I am sorry to bother...
-Good morning Mrs. K, it's not a problem, how can I help you?
- I wanted to ask you a huge favor, I need you to take care of Eddie right now, I have to get out of an emergency ...
- Lady k ... I'm delighted, it's just that ...
-I'll pay you double, please, that Eddie is sick, he can't go to school, he has a high temperature, please - the woman interrupted and pleaded.

Shit, the final job could wait, Eds was more important than anything and even more if Eddie was sick and with temperature, he couldn't not tell him no, it was Eddie, it was his Eddie ...
He ran out of his house, it seemed that even the headache had passed  and he rushed to the Kaspbrak's house.

Sonia Kaspbrak left them together, when Richie arrived, Eddie was trying to eat something, Eddie was bringing dark circles in his eyes , it seemed that he had not slept for a long time, he was still in his pajamas, a pajamas with bear drawings that Richie had always liked,  said Eddie looked cute ...
-Very well Eddie Spaghetti, today you stay with me little one!  - Richie had said in a really enthusiastic way, he wanted to cheer Eddie up in any way.
- Richie, please don't call me that. - Eddie didn't have the same sparkle in his eyes, his voice sounded dry and distant from Richie.
-Why Eddie Spaghetti?
-because i hate you calling me that, it's a very ridiculous nickname Richie.
-I'm sorry Eds ...
-Eddie, Richie ... Call me Eddie, I do not find logical your way of calling me by nicknames.  Is it difficult for you to pronounce Eddie?

Those words made Richie's heart feel squeezed, it had hurt too much, and it hurt that Eddie hadn't congratulated him on his birthday ... Had he forgotten? Why was Eddie so cold?
Richie had endless questions and his head and heart began to ache.
-Look Eds ... - Eddie looked at him with displeasure - Eddie ... - the major corrected immediately.  - If it's because of what I said yesterday about the kisses, I was just joking, it's not true ... Please forgive me.
-It's not that Richie.  Can I have breakfast in silence?
-I understand, you're not in the mood, sorry ...
Richie would have liked a hug or a few words from Eddie for his birthday, he was expecting something, after all he was sacrificing his final work to be there with him, he did not understand Eddie's bad mood ...
Eddie would have liked to hug Richie, make him laugh, call him Rich, tell him everything he wanted for him.
But her heart and her memories of what she saw could do more and she couldn't stop treating Richie Tozier badly.

* - * - * - * - *

Richie had gone to that quiet place to meet his friends so he could celebrate his birthday, after all he deserved it afterwards, spending all day with a grumpy and cruel Eddie had been too much Richie thought.
- Apparently your Spaghetti leaves you with no time for us Richie, you almost missed your own birthday - Ben mentioned.
- Too much, left me very tired with the gift he gave me.
- Is that why you didn't come?  Do I occupy you all day with his gift or what?  Mike laughed teasingly.
- The gift actually gave it to me last night, it left me agitated, exhausted.
-why?..
- Last night he said he would give me my birthday present and what a gift he gave me, he has an incredible ability with his mouth - Richie wink sensually so that her friends would understand.
-What ?, Tozier, are you a fucking gay pervert and pedophile?  - His two friends looked at him in surprise and laughed out loud.
-I do not understand...
-Richie we were talking about the child you take care of, the asthmatic ... You tell him Eddie Spaghetti always, then ...

Richie wanted the earth to swallow him, he had been reckless, he felt he could pass out from the shame he felt.
-I thought ... I thought you were talking about Bev.
- Do you say Spaghetti to Bev too? ... TOZIER DOES THAT NOT MAKE YOU WEIRD?  - Shouted his friends, every word Richie made worse.
-no, well yes ... We better drop the subject and please forgive the confusion ...

That night as Richie tried to distract himself, Eddie found himself burning with fever once again with endless horrible nightmares, but this time he didn't want to go to the Toziers' house, he didn't want to be disappointed again, but he wanted to see Richie.
-Richie?  - was heard on the other end of the phone line
- Eds ... What's wrong little one?  everything is alright?  - Richie's voice sounded worried, that for Eddie to have called him it had to be a bad thing.
-Richie ... I'm scared, please come - Eddie hung up the phone but Richie managed to hear his brittle voice and assumed that his little one was crying, he didn't mind leaving his friends, Eddie was more important, Eddie was his priority.