five

liked by 588amberharrison: when he's a hot boy that drives a death trap 😍

liked by 588
amberharrison: when he's a hot boy that drives a death trap 😍

view all comments

jjsully: WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE MY TRUCK

~

norah

this is heaven. timothèe's large hands are on my body, but his touches are careful and light, making me feel adored and safe. he acts like a goof, slowly becoming comfortable in front of the crowd; he sings all the words he knows to me, and makes up the ones he doesn't.

i am pulled out of my blissful state by a mutual friend tapping me on the shoulder and shouting in my ear, "we're gathering people for truth or dare. you should come play!" i shrug my shoulders and nod my head, pulling timothèe along with me. a good game of truth or dare should get me completely out of my shell, and maybe timothèe's tongue completely down my throat.

"norah! where are we going?" timothèe questions but continues to follow behind me.

"truth or dare? do you want to?" i ask him, ignoring the fact that our friend had already taken us into the spare bedroom where the game had already started. there are at least a dozen plastic shot glasses in a circle with a large bottle of vodka in the middle—i assume that if you can't complete your task, you have to drink. when i look back up at timotheè, he mutters a "sure, whatever" and takes a seat next to me.

the game kicks off quickly, with only dirty questions being asked among friends. maybe it was not my brightest idea to do this; i'll seem like a total loser to timothèe if he finds out i'm still a virgin.

this kid who has always shown up to our parties, wendell, picks me as his next target. i fill a shot glass, ready to dodge any embarrassing questions in front of timothèe. when i am asked truth or dare, i decide truth was the easier, more humble option. "so, norah, who's loverboy over here? pat said she saw you guys getting real cozy on the dance floor," wendell questions, always nosing himself into other people's business. god, what do i introduce him as? we have basically just met, but i don't want to call him my friend and give him the wrong idea.

"uh, this is timothèe. we have stats together, and he just got me pretty high in the back of his friend's truck so i thought i'd keep him around for a bit," i say, focusing on each word that comes out of my mouth so that i don't overstep any boundaries. it even causes timothèe to laugh, which causes a chain reaction making me laugh, so i think i'm in the clear with that answer.

 it even causes timothèe to laugh, which causes a chain reaction making me laugh, so i think i'm in the clear with that answer