I Pray You Catch Me

The pleasure of love lasts but a moment. The pain of love lasts a lifetime."
———————————————————————————

Houston Texas
February 3, 2020
8:30 am

Onika

When I first meet Chirs it was wonderful. We were high school sweethearts, we met my junior year and his senior year in high school. I never would have thought that it would have been like this. Chirs and I have been together since I graduated high school and went to college.

I am really from New York City, I used to live in Queens with my momma and daddy but he left my mom after my mom had my sister. I have only two siblings named Ming and Lauren. When I came to Houston during my junior year of high school I felt like my life was ruined, I had to leave all my friends and family up there and I wanted to start but my momma wouldn't let me. I didn't know what to do, I thought that my life was changing for the better when I meet Chris.

When Chris graduated he wanted us to stay together and I thought it was a good idea since I still had my senior year to get done. We were the perfect couple, he was always a good support system that came to all my award ceremonies, and to all my family gatherings.

I went to college, he still stayed the same he didn't change at all. He would come up to my dorm and Cook with me and take me on dates. He would never hit me and just had his attention only on me. I don't really know what changed but I miss the old him.

I always thought that he wanted to wait until graduated from college so he would be able to control me and I was right. The honeymoon stage ended right after we moved in together. I really began to hate being with him. I tried to run away from him and start a new life and it ended up with me getting my ass beat. It took me months to finally recover. He loved me again after he beat my ass and I continued to act like he was used too. I just knew this wasn't going to be the end of his bipolar bullshit.

I know my mother and my best friend bia told me they will help me to get away from him but I can't I love him too much. But, I didn't wanna do something wit them involved and he would come after them if I left him. I love my family too much to have them hurt because of my decisions.

I was brought back from my daydream from Chirs yelling at me to get me to pay attention. "Yes Chris, why are you yelling when we are in the place." Chirs got up and snatched Me up by her neck. He had a tight hold on my neck and I couldn't breathe. He looked so angry over me just asking a simple question. "What was on your mind that had you not paying attention? What did I tell you about that Nicki? Huh?" He said.

"I'm sorry Chirs, I was just thinking about what I'm going to cook you for dinner." Chirs just looked at me like I was a piece of shit."You don't have to cook dinner I'm going out to with the boys and when I get back you better be ready for me on the bed". Chirs got up and grabbed his keys and left the house. The minute he left I called my best friend bia.

Phone call :

Bia💕 - hey bestie ❤️, what's up?

Pic Nic ❤️-   I don't have much time but,  Chirs just left the house And I'm done this time, I love him but I can't take the abuse anymore.

Bia💕- Ok, calm down  Nic, let's see if I book you a plane at 3:00 pm you can catch it?

Pic Nic ❤️ - yeah I can do that, I have to pack my clothes, I don't want any of my stuff here.

Bia💕 - ok, I book the flight, you should leave the house in an hour early Nic, so if he does come back to check on you that you not there. I love you, call me when you land.