X. ALL OF THE STARS

DESPITE THE WEEKSthat had passed since Tsukishima last saw the girl who he truly loved he never once stopped thinking of her

DESPITE THE WEEKS
that had passed since Tsukishima last saw the girl who he truly loved he never once stopped thinking of her. Not even now, as he laid in his boxers beneath a half undressed Katsumi. As they kissed the only thing that distracted him from the cruel reality of the moment were the memories which consisted of her. How she smiled brightly, how her soft lips felt against his, the way her eyes stared up innocently and full of adoration for him.

'Fuck,' he mentally swore as those thoughts suddenly went down a dirtier path through his brain.

The boy suddenly could not take the disgust of the whole situation any longer and gently pushed the ravenette off of him. Kei sat up and stayed silent under his girlfriend's confused eyes which grew concerned.

"Kei-kun...?"

"Katsumi. Do you love me?"

Uchiyama furrowed her black eyebrows, pulling up her bra strap which had fallen down one of her petite shoulders.

"Of course I love you, you know that," the girl insisted, running her thumb across his pale knuckles. "Why the question?"

Tsukishima hesitated. For the first time, maybe ever, he felt like a bad person. No, in fact, he knew for a fact that he was a bad person. He knew he was selfish, complex, malicious, bitter, and hurtful. He knew it better than anybody else yet there was only one person who helped him want to be better, not for them, but for himself. And it wasn't the girl next to him. Instead, it was a certain brunette who was perhaps already across the world by now.

"I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore."

Uchiyama Katsumi sucked in a breath, frozen at the words that had flown out of his mouth.

"What...?"

"I really am sorry, Uchiyama. But I think that I love somebody else. So, if you love me, let me go," he told her, squeezing his eyes shut at his own words. He really did hate himself.

Tears immediatley escaped the girl's eyes but a wobbly smile remained.

"No... I'm sorry," her voice wavered as she continued, "I knew you had feelings for Miyamoto-san... Yet I imposed mine onto you. It hurts, a lot, but I love you a lot. More than anybody else. But I can't keep you here like a prisoner, I can't hurt you anymore, so go..."

Katsumi herself didn't even know if she meant the words that escaped her lips, but she did not take them back. Even if she meant it or not, it was the truth. Of course she knew that the blond was already head over heels for the first year. Yet she purposely guilt-tripped him into dating her again. The third year thought that perhaps the guilt would go away after the first week but it never did. Not even now.

"Thanks Katsumi," he smiled softly and ruffled her hair before wrapping her body in a blanket.

It shocked her just how delicate he had become after meeting Miyamoto, it was strange almost.

"You know," Uchiyama started, looking at the boy she loved so much. "Ena-san told me about everything. About the deal and how much of a pain you were, but I think you've missed something important."

The blond looked at her, confused by her words since he had analyzed everything a hundred times over in his head.

"In the end, true love wasn't you coming back to me, since we both know you do not love me. True love, was how she sacrificed everything to give you happiness. How despite her deep love and feelings for you, she threw it all away to lead you back to me because she thought that that was what you wished for. How even though she might be dying inside, she hasn't said anything for your sake. It was all for you, Tsukki."

His hazel brown eyes widened in realization at her words. She was right? How could he have missed it? This whole time, Ena wasn't using Katsumi and him as an example of true love but rather herself and him. How thickheaded could he possibly be.

Tsukishima stood up, looking out the window to look at the starry night above them.

"It doesn't matter anymore anyways. She's probably already gone by now anyways."

A pillow suddenly came in contact with the back of the boy's head and he yelped in surprise, turning around to face his now ex-girlfriend who was glaring up at him.

"Don't give me that bullshit. Just ask Yamaguchi or something, he must know. Don't be an idiot."

He sighed and quickly called his best friend up who, although tired, answered almost immediately. Calls from Kei were rare and never to be missed or ignored.

"Tsukki!"

"Do you know when Miyamoto-san leaves? I need to see her."

Although it was impossible, the megane could swear that he heard his friend grin from the other end of the line.

"It was about time you asked. 6:00 AM."

"6:00 AM when?"

"6:00 AM in five hours. Sendai Airport which is three hours from here so uh, you better get moving Tsukki-kun."

Before Tsukishima could even begin to start about how he didn't even own a car, Yamaguchi hung up.

The boy sighed frustratedly but a bright idea popped into his head, and although hesitant, he decided that it was the only option he had left if he wanted to see the girl one last time before she left.

The phone rang a few times before somebody picked up.

"Tsukishima-san?"

"Tanaka-senpai I need a favor... Do you still have your sister's van?"

»»————- ☆ミ ————-««

"i'm miles away from seeing you, but i can see the stars from america. i wondered, do you see them too?"
— all of the stars; ed sheeran

»»————- ☆ミ ————-««

yyayayyyayayay