Return (5/5)

*🍒*

Quiet warmth surrounded me, and I was content to stay there for the rest of my life. A steady beat thundered in my ear, his chest expanding with each breath. 

"Kakyoin," his voice rumbled, warm and deep. It was obvious he wanted to talk about it. For all he seemed intimidating, serious and silent, most times it really was just him struggling to communicate feelings. As much as I wanted to pretend to not understand him to avoid the conversation, I couldn't do that to him. 

I emerged from his jacket, raising my head to look at him. His brow was pinched lightly, soft eyes searching me. I sighed softly, leaning into him. My knees were pulled up to my chest, my side pressed to his chest. I was sitting between his legs, my feet tucked under his thigh. 

"I'm sorry. It's just... not a happy topic for me."

He hummed lightly, hesitantly running his fingers over my bang. 

He watched me- waiting for me to talk if I wanted to. 

"You heard most of it," I said softly. We were in my room, curled on my bed. The drawings of hierophant surrounded us. Once upon a time they would've comforted me. Now they only served as a reminder of my loneliness. 

"I decided it was better to hide him after a while. Less of a stir."

His other hand moved to my back, lightly circling at my lower back in a sign of comfort. 

He didn't say anything, and we fell into a comfortable silence. 

I tucked myself closer to him, falling asleep in his arms.

...

Sunlight poured in through the window, banishing the dark shadows seeping across the floor. I rose my head, blinking as I saw the man sleeping in front of me. His face was relaxed, lips parted with each breath. 

I smiled to myself and tucked my head closer. 

"Good morning," he murmured, eyes fluttering open. 

I tucked closer. 

A soft knock sounded on the door, and it creaked open. 

"Oh. I- um-"

I flushed heavily, rolling out of bed. 

My mother was standing there, eyes wide as she stared at us. 

Jojo propped up his head with an elbow, unconcerned.

"I made breakfast," she said, keeping her gaze on the ground. 

"Thank you, mom," I said softly. She left with a few mumbled words, cheeks flushing. 

"Does she have a problem with this?" Jojo asked, watching me. I tugged lightly on my bang. 

"I don't... think so. But she doesn't know you very well."

Jojo stood, and I watched him carefully. He tipped my chin up, lips meeting mine in a soft kiss. I melted into his touch, feeling him soften under my fingertips as I slipped my hands into his hair. 

The kiss deepened further than I expected it to, the faint taste of cigarette smoke layering my mouth as he teased me. 

I pulled away with a flush. A faint smile pulled at his lips as he pulled away, straightening his hat.  

"Breakfast?" He asked, opening the door for me. I fixed my hair, giving him a soft smile.

"Why thank you, kind sir."

I stepped from the room, taking a soft breath.

The journey was over.

The final part, the return, had been completed. 

I was home. 

Hahaa.... I'm back? For a little? I think I'm going to publish some stuff on here that's not really done-  I wrote it a while ago and then lost steam but it's useless sitting in my drafts so I'll just get 'em out there. It's just some drabbles and stuff there's like fourteenish of them, and I'll try to update about every five days. 

Thank you for reading, and I know this one is way too short but I wrote it back in May? and I won't be able to recreate the same mood I had going so I just cut it off. 

Stay safe!