8. Daddy Gifts

Dominic is sitting with Ryan his best friend on the patio, talking stock and other boring things when I come out of  the house like a whirlwind. I'm too excited to pay Ryan a glance and go straight ahead to make myself comfortable on Dom's lap with my arms around his neck.

"My birthday is in a week, daddy."

"You know I know that, Kam."

"Of course you do. But what you might not know is that Louis has launched a new collection of menbags," I tell him, holding up my ipad to show him the Louis Vuitton catalogue.

"And let me guess. You just have to have it?" Ryan asks.

"Shut up Spongebob. Nobody asked for your opinion," I fake glare at him.

I've been calling him that ever since I caught him watching the cartoon a little too often.

"I don't watch that anymore," he groans.

"Sure," I laugh, not believing him.

"Didn't you get one like this last month?" Dominic asks, turning my attention back to our conversation.

I roll my eyes because daddy can be so slow sometimes.

"Of course I did, but that was a tan one. These are seven more colors. They even have mink. Say yes please," I beg him with puppy dog eyes.

Truth is, if it was anyone else I probably wouldn't be this bratty but I know Dominic has a thing for it. He likes taking care of people and spending money on them. I'm not above exploiting it.

The man has to open his eyes and see we are meant for each other. He likes spoiling his lovers, I like being spoiled...match made in heaven.

"This is what you want for your birthday?" He asks.

"Well no. But I thought it could be a prebirthday present?"

Ryan bursts out laughing at that and I can see Dominic is amused as well.

"Your boy is something else, Dominic."

I ignore him and turn to daddy.

"Well?"

"You can get your bags, brat. Now say hello to Ryan, you're being rude to our guest."

"He laughed at me, he doesn't get a hello."

I flip my imaginary long hair, kiss Daddy Dom's cheek and leave to order my bags. Wait until Jeremy sees them, he's going to absolutely freak.

****

"I see you're still indulging your little play thing. Louis Vuitton bags? The whole entire set? Are you crazy?" Dominic's friend asks, looking at him like he was crazy.

Dominic who is still looking in the direction Kam went, smiles indulgently.

"It's just money, Ryan. Why would I withhold it if it makes Kam happy?"

"But you're crippling him by spoiling him. How will he ever grow up?"

"You and I grew up up differently. Because of our circumstances, we were forced to grow up too quickly. I don't want that for Kam. I want him to enjoy his childhood. You might think I'm spoiling him but to me, it's giving him space to grow into himself; something you and I never had," Dominic explains.

Kamden had a hard life before Dominic had found him and it had been so hard to get the boy to accept anything from him. That Kam was finally comfortable enough to take everything he had to offer spoke of how much they had come in terms of trust.

"You really love him, don't you?" Ryan asks, giving Dominic a strange look.

"Of course. Why are you asking redundant questions?"