I refuse

As Amadeus walks out of the throne room heading to the servant lunch room on the other side of the huge palace. He heads into the castle hallway. He no longer feels the pains of an empty stomach.

He's lost in thought, counting back from 1,000, He hears footsteps besides him. He turns around to see a girl running from the other side of the large hallway, in a big pretty yellow dress with a crown on her head. He bows, "997.." he says as she gets closer.

"996.." he says as she's now in front of him.

"99-" he stops as his eyes meet the side of the girl's face. She doesn't spare him a glance, but he's absolutely enchanted by her beauty as she runs past him. Long thick honey brown hair follows behind her, big pouty rosy red lips, a tiny round nose and long dark eyelashes. Her skin blessed in a warm tone from the sun. She's breathtaking.

He turns as her maids with tears in their eyes run behind her.

"Princess please, we are sorry." they cried after her, picking up their pace to accommodate hers.

"995" Amadeus said continuing to walk in the direction he was headed.

When he makes it to the gigantic palace lunchroom, he's immediately hit with the smell of food.

He's reminded of his hunger. He heads toward the lunch line ignoring the sound of laughter and clinking glasses coming from Alexander's table. The men and women sitting there were much rowdier than everyone else in the crowded place.

Once it's his turn in line he heads up.

"What do you'ant hurry up now yeah" a short chubby woman holding an empty tray said from behind the glass and the very large pots on the table.

She looks up when Amadeus is looking down at his options of rice, meats, soups and dessert.

He's fixated on the food, taking his time to pick something.

"Ouu! With the way your moving someone would think you're-" the chubby woman said lifting her head up to see Amadeus.

She steps back, mouth open into a small 'o' shape.

Amadeus turns to look behind him, as if he was missing out on whatever she was looking at.

"General." she said, practically shaking.

"I am so sorry," she said looking at a clueless Amadeus.

"Uh- the king had us prepare your favorite please excuse me." The woman said turning around and charging into the back door.

Amadeus pats his hard stomach impatiently, the insistent biting of tiny evils in his stomach, waiting for nourishment was hard to ignore.

The next lunch lady turns to him,

"Please take a seat... we'll bring it to you sir." she said and Amadeus turns around. Heading to where Alexander was sitting.

Alexander pats a seat on the wooden seat besides him.

"What'd the king say." he whispered into Amadeus's ear.

"We'll discuss it later." Amadeus calmly replied.

Two kitchen helps appear in front of Amadeus's table and begin spreading out a tablecloth. They step away and bring in a large pitcher of wine and wine glasses.

Alexander presents Amadeus with a filled cup.

"Being treated like royalty already." he observed, Amadeus said nothing, his eyes met with the side of a rather large turkey sitted on a serving platter.