Why? How?

The first thing I can assure you, dear teen reader, is that we are victims of our hormones, I know it is reductive and primary but so true. You know, we are growing up, we are not at the top of our form nor finished: we are in the process of manufacturing (you see what I mean?). An important thing not to do would be to put pressure on you relative to your appearance, yeah you have spots and blackheads (maybe even the greasy hair) but WAIT how old are you? 14, 15, 16, 17? I'm sorry to remind you, but you're still a little girl or boy, you don't have to please anyone, so stop judging yourself about your face, your body. And I know how it can be hard and weird to see ourselves changing every single day, no longer recognize ourselves in the mirror, I know but let the time do his job buddy! You'll see I'm sure that lately you will be a wonderful person! Take advantage of this physically ungrateful period to enrich yourself internally, be a beautiful person and you will see that you will be more beautiful than ever (the interior reflects on the exterior)! Keep in mind that somewhere in the word there is someone that believe in you more than you can imagine.

Four things to do to get positive thoughts out (that worked for me):

1. First thing first: DO SPORT!: I have always been sportive (athletics, swimming, horse-riding, triathlon...) but last year because of my growth I had to stop (knee problems) since then my confidence in myself and my positivities have... disappeared.  And I'm pretty sure my lack of dopamine production had something to do with it. Since I started to recover little by little and I feel so much better (I am toned and healthy and especially I almost love my body not to dream either)! I know that when you're not athletic it can be hard but make the effort for two weeks to do it every day (even if it's only 30 minutes), you'll see the benefits and wouldn't even need to be pushed to do sports anymore! For exemple I like Madfit's channel for her abs workout or cardio dances (it is an example among other of course). So yeah sweat is a way to feel better.

2. COOKING: Who says sport says...EAT. Eat is one of my favorite activities, but cooking too! It's also a way to take care of yourself and let go when you think too much! (I have some recipes in stock, let me know if you are interested)!. If you don't like cooking you can certainly find other activities (I took the example of cooking because it is something that relaxes me a lot!)

3. STOP COMPARING TO OTHERS: Too fit, too fat, too small, too big, ugly, big nose, big forehead, small eyes, big cheeks, not muscular enough, without shapes, and more! Could you just stop please comparing and judging yourself for a second please. We don't care how you look like because you know what, you have a beautiful personality, you are imperfect but you are so much more interesting than this empty thought that makes you believe that everything goes through the physical : this is not true, right? Stop limiting yourself to beauty criteria, they do not even represent 10% of your person, I tell you: you are wasting time and energy! Smiles instead, it's a hell of a lot more rewarding!

4. EXPRESS YOURSELF: Sometimes when you feel bad you accumulate negative thoughts and you always end up exploding. To avoid this, writing is the best thing I found to do. Why do you feel wrong? What's the matter? Who? When? Feelings? (avoid rereading what you have just written or you will end up crying or overwhelming yourself on your spell and it is not good).

I know that morale drops can be a constant in our daily lives, but I hope that with these few words you will feel better! By the way you have every right not to agree with me, but I was only talking about my experience. I wish you the best, full of happiness and love. Do not hesitate to  text me, I will answer you with pleasure! Oh yeah, and I was going to forget: I'm French so I'm so sorry if I made mistakes , I'm still learning English (writing in English was also a way to improve). I hope you enjoyed, take care and don't forget to shine little star because there is plenty of space for you in the sky <3 

Roxanne Colombe.