Chapter 1

"Sofia, is all of your stuff packed?" I yelled from my room.

"Yes mommy, it is!" She yelled back from hers.

"Okay good, meet me by the front door with your suitcase sweetie and then we can head to the airport." I tell her, while zipping up my own suitcase. I was a bundle of nerves, today was the day that we were moving to New York... to be with Callie. I felt my lips curve into a smile at the mere thought of her, I couldn't wait to see her! I start to roll all my suitcases to the front door where I see Sofia waiting for me with all of her luggage. "You ready to go, Sof?"

"Yes, I can't wait to see mamá!" She smiles.

"Alright then, let's go."

Later, at the airport...

"Look Sof that's where we're boarding." I say pointing towards the boarding area.

"Let's go then. The sooner we get to the plane the sooner we see mamá!" She says grabbing my arm and pulling me towards our boarding unit, I giggle.

"Sofia slow down they're only going to allow us to board the plane in the next 20 minutes." She stops running and sighs.

"Sorry, I'm just really excited to go see mamá. I miss her a lot!" She says looking down. I feel my heart start to ache for my little girl.

"I know sweetie and we will see mamá soon. I promise you." I say bending down to her level and cupping her cheek. She smiles at me which makes me smile. "Now let's go sit down and wait for our flight, how does that sound?" I stand up and take a hold of the luggage and my daughters hand.

"Sounds great!" She says. A little skip in her walk.

A couple minutes later Sofia and I are in the waiting area for our flight. Suddenly a sharp pain in my leg strikes me, I wince in pain clenching my teeth together. This always happens whenever I have to fly on a plane, I guess some of the PTSD from before is still there.

"Are you okay, mommy?" Sofia asks me worriedly.

"Yes, I'm okay baby. Don't worry." I smile through the pain. Before she could say anything more, my phone chimes. I take it out of my bag to find that there's a text from Callie. My lips automatically curve into a smile and I forget all about the pain in my leg.

[ Hey! I know you're about to board soon, I just wanted to check if you were okay? - Calliope

That's sweet of you, but I'm okay now. Thank you! - Arizona

You're welcome and I'm glad you're okay. Text me if you need anything, ANYTHING at all. Even if you need a motivational speech, I can call you right now if you need me to! - Calliope

Ahahaha, thank you ( again ) Calliope. But I'm good for now! - Arizona

Okay hehe, have a safe flight and I'll see you and Sofia when you land x - Calliope ]

My heart flutters at the texts on my phone. Oh gosh, what's going on with me? I feel like a teenage girl all over again. I perk up quickly, hearing an announcement for our flight.

"Flight 301 to New York is boarding now. Flight 301 to New York is boarding now." The announcer says through the airport speakers.

"Come on, Sof. It's time to go." I say as I pick up our luggage and we head towards our flight gate.

6 hours later...

"Mommy hurry up! Mamá is waiting for us." Sofia said dragging me across the airport with all the luggage in my hands.

"Sofia, slow-" Before I could finish my sentence she interrupted me.

"LOOK IT'S MAMÁ!!!" My heart stopped as I looked up to find that Sofia had let go of my hand and was running towards a raven haired latina. My breath hitches as I take in all of her beauty. She looks breathtaking... literally. She takes Sofia up in her arms and starts to walk towards me, my heart begins to beat faster and faster.

"Calliope." I sigh as she stops in front of me.

"Hey." She whispers. She puts Sofia down and wraps her arms around me. I sink into the hug. "I missed you." She breaths in my ear.

"I missed you too." I whisper and we both let out a breath we didn't know we'd been holding.