26.0

・・・☆・ Twenty Six ・・・☆・

After the altercation in the hallway things had been very strange between the group. They had been abnormally quiet during lunch and Yingyue was concerned. She could see how this sudden splitting in the group was having a toll on each individual member. She felt worse for Meizuo and Ximen who had no choice in the situation and no real involvement rather they had to watch as their two friends destroyed everything they had worked so hard for, had grown to love about their little group over some girl. Some girl all three outsiders to the love triangle were convinced was only playing with her feelings. And it sucked, really bad. Yingyue was going to have very serious words with Shancai the next time the two girls were alone. Any trust or kind feelings she had for the girl were gone, obliterated. 

Shancai would have to work extremely hard to get the older girl to act like she used to around her. Yingyue never wanted to think the younger girl was only interested in the group for their connotations and wealth but here she was thinking those exact things.

But she knew she had to be the strong one now. For when she returned to her house that evening she wasn't surprised that Ximen had whined his way into staying the night. This was why they needed their own place he was basically staying every night now since they had decided on finding their own house. And that night she had to hold him as he sat in utter confusion about the state of their friendship group.

Much like the other members of F4, Ximen had struggled making friends when growing up, it wasn't because he was spoilt or bragged about his family wealth or status. Contrary to the confident, flirty and cheeky persona he sported now he was in his twenties, a much younger Yan Ximen had been awkward and nerdy. He had struggled connecting with others his age and felt as though he struck gold finding friends within Meizuo, Si, Lei and ultimately Yingyue and Jing. Therefore, for something to have come along and altered the tight knit friendship was a massive stir up in his world and he didn't know how to react. 

"I just don't understand Yue, why would they let her come between them, between us?" Ximen mumbled out his words were further muffled due to the fact that his face was pressed into her chest as he lie on top of her and her hand worked their way through his hair.

"I don't know Xi, but I know it won't last forever. I promise you Shancai will get figured out soon enough and you'll be back to being the troublesome quartet you always have been." She comforted pressing a light kiss to the crown of his head as she felt his arms that were loosely around her tighten. 

"I just don't like it, not one bit." He continued to grumble.

"I know you don't love, I know." 

The following days had also been a little strange as the now F3 were unsure of what to do without the fourth member of their group. However, luckily for Ximen he had something to distract himself with whenever their was a lull in the conversation and Yingyue wasn't around to take his mind off it. For Wednesday afternoon the engaged couple started their house hunt. They had a total of six viewings arranged that evening alone and he could feel it in his chest that they were going to find their ideal first house during those viewings. 

Therefore, he was bouncing on the balls of his feet at her locker as he waited for her to put the last few things she had away before they left to go and view the first house. He had remembered to convince her that morning to wear a pair of shoes she could walk a long distance in and with some proper hard work he had encouraged her into a pair of converse. The pair of trainers, cream trousers and oversized black jumper, he was convinced was his own, was the most casual he had seen her outside of the comfort of her room in a very long time. 

"Let's go, let's go." He had taken her hand in his own following her shutting her locker and pulled her out of the building and straight to his car. The first address had already been programmed in, he'd done it that morning in excitement. 

"You ready?" Yingyue questioned her hand coming over to grasp the one he had resting on the gear stick. 

"Am I ever"

It would turn out that the first four houses were not what the couple wanted. They were either too big or felt outdated. Maybe he hadn't been right about his suspicion. For house number five wasn't much better. Ximen had begun to almost give up hope that they would find their perfect house that evening and would have to go back to the drawing board. He entered the sixth house with very little hope that it would be the one. 

Though by the time they had made it to the master bedroom he just knew. This was the one. The only problem would be if Yingyue didn't agree with him.

"Babe what do you think?" Yingyue asked and he found himself having to snap out of his own mind. The estate agent had moved off leaving the pair of them in the bedroom alone. 

"I really like this one Ye-ye." His voice was low as though he was not sure she was going to agree with him. He prepped himself just incase they had differing opinions. 

"Good because this is the house I can start to see us starting our family in." He had to almost double take at that. Before he stepped in to do that dramatic thing they do in films where he picked her up and spun her around in glee. 

"Our own house, our own family.I can't wait for either of them. I love you."

"I love you more Yan Ximen."