one 😐😐

the wolves attacked and everyone had to leave the "safe zone"  carl had seen his dad and sister leave but he couldn't catch up with them and he was stuck fighting two wolves.

daryl saw carl and ran over to help him. they soon took out the two wolves and got on daryl's bike before leaving the "safe zone"

CARL'S POV:

"they all made it out alive but i don't know where they went." carl said in a soft tone whilst looking down a little.

daryl sighed and nodded in response before getting off his bike and parking it up by an old abandoned house.

they walked up to the door and searched for walkers, it was all clear but it only had one bedroom and one bed in it.

carl looked at daryl before saying "i don't mind sharing a bed for the night."

daryl made eye contact with the younger boy before nodding "alright then. we'll get some rest and then look for the others as soon as the sun rises."

carl shook his head no "daryl we're both clearly injured from the fight and need to rest a few days before doing anything." he replied softly before slipping his shoes and socks off.

daryl sighed. he wanted to argue but he knew carl was right and copied the younger boys actions before flopping down on the bed.

carl sat down on the bed and looked over at daryl "they'll be okay without us. we've been through worse and found each other again." he said as he placed his hand on daryl's gently.

daryl just nodded again before slowly lacing their hands together and replying with "i know i know.. i'm just worried something will happen."

carl nodded slowly "me too but at least they all got out together.. we got left behind. i mean i understand dad was trying to keep judith safe but i still can't believe he left me without even looking back." he said so quietly that daryl barley even heard him.

daryl squeezed carl's hand before making eye contact with him again "rick is probably worrying about you right now... he wouldn't just forget you like that you know?"

carl shrugged "he's done this before daryl"

daryl gasped a little "when in the hell did he leave you?"

carl sighed sadly whilst trying to hold back some tears "when we made it out of the prison.. he just started walking off but i couldn't follow him because i was fighting with a walker." he answered slowly

daryl pulled the boy into a tight but gentle hug and kissed his forehead softly "i'm so sorry carl. if i knew i would've beat his ass." he whispered in the younger boys ear

carl snuggled into him and smiled a little "it's okay he was just going through a lot and he probably couldn't hear the walker" he said weakly

daryl decided to drop it and laid down n pulled carl down with him gently "get some sleep ok?"

carl nodded and fell asleep with his head on the man's chest.

—————————————

AUTHORS NOTE: i know this sucked but i'm trying my best :) and yes i am going to make rick a little shitty because well ngl he kinda did turn a lil shitty during season 8 😐😐 anyways! mwah mwah hope u enjoyed