Chapter Six

"I don't want to talk about it," Anne moaned once she and Cleves got home. She didn't want to talk about it for several reasons. The main one being she still was unclear of her feelings and really didn't know how to articulate them, "I should just ghost her." She received a good smack on the back of the head.

"Why are you so useless? Mate, you like her. You already admitted that. So use your Anne charm, flirt a little, bada bing bada boom, you guys are dating."

Anne jumped up to sit on the counter, "Woah, I never said I wanted to date her." Sure, she admitted to liking her but dating? She never even considered dating a woman, she had no idea how that would even go. It's also that she thought this was just a phase, a new attraction, nothing more.

Cleves didn't want to push the topic so she waved it off. She could only hope that her friend would come to her senses and figure things out on her own. Anne knew that she only meant well but it was all too much. With abide goodnight, she shut off her thoughts.

***********

Catherine wished she could shut off her thoughts but her mind was turning. Every moment with Anne kept replaying through her head, every subtle touch, every look, everything. It was as if the harder she tried not to think about it, the more detailed the thoughts became. Groaning while tossing and turning, she finally picked up her journal, "The only way to stop your thoughts is to write them out," she whispered.

She just started writing every thought that came up, not caring about correct grammer or what her handwriting looked like it. The pages filled and filled until she finally laid the pen down. Breathing a sigh of relief, her mind was clear. It was clear but the clarity brought a new challenge. It made her realize what she truly desired. Glancing over to her clock, she saw it was nearing 3 AM and it was way too late to confront those desires. Catherine let her eyes close, slowly drifting into a deep sleep.

"Babe, wake up," a soft voice called out to her. She felt featherlight touches run across her hips, lips peppered her collarbone.

"Too early," was all she could mutter back, leaning into the touches without opening her eyes. The unknown person shifted her weight so she was now being straddled, "Baby, Cathy, it's time for breakfast though."

The mention of food got her attention and she found the strength to open her eyes. Looking down at her were those damn hazel eyes. Her hair was sprawled across her shoulders, Catherine let her eyes travel down her body, noticing she was only wearing a baggy t-shirt. Before her mind could stop her, she grabbed a fistful of her shirt and brought Anne down to her. Their lips crashed into each other. Hands wandered, Catherine finally settling hers in Anne's hair, trying to hold her in place as long as possible.

Anne finally pulled back, "Catherine..."

"Hmmm, Annie," she whimpered.

"No, dumbass, wake up!" Aragon hit the girl with a pillow, "Class is soon."

Catherine's eyes snapped open meeting Aragon's who was trying her best to hold back laughter. Groaning, she covered her face with the pillow that she was hit with. She would never live down this moment.

Aragon just smirked before leaving her alone to get ready. Running her fingers across her lips, it felt so real. She wanted it to be real but she couldn't make the first move. She couldn't go through rejection again. Finally motivating to get out of bed, she made her way to the kitchen hoping Aragon had just decided to leave without her but of course, that was wishful thinking.

"Morning," her voice was dripping with sarcasm, "Have a good dream?"

"Can we just like not?" Catherine tried to get her to drop the conversation, "We're already running late." It seemed to work as Aragon just brushed aside the topic. She was wrong, however. The second they were outside and walking to class, it was brought up again.

"Never thought you were the type of person to have sexy dreams."

"It wasn't a sexy dream, it was wholesome...ish. I know w're late but can we get coffee on the way? I didn't go to bed till late last night," she pleaded and was met with a solid "yep" from Aragon.

Heading towards the coffee shop, Catherine stopped dead in her tracks, "Okay, nevermind I don't need coffee."

"What the hell, babe, but you just-"

Catherine motioned to the window, and Anne, Cleves, and Kat were sat around a table, "I can't this morning. I would be so embarrassed to talk to her face to face after what happened."

Aragon hated seeing her like this but agreed to forego the coffee. She wished she could intervene but this was something the two of them had to figure out on their own.

**********

Anne had slept terribly, to say the least, hence why they were all at the coffee shop. She had no issue falling asleep but her mind apparently had other plans than just sleeping. Her dream was so vivid and....real. When she woke up, she felt disappointed when she reached over and no one was next to her.

"What's got you in such deep thought?" Kat could read her cousin's face like a book.

"Just had a rough night sleeping." She prayed the topic would be dropped and Cleves knew not to pry but Kat was very much in the dark.

"Aw do you know why? Bad dream?"

"You could say that," the coffee hadn't hit her yet so she was still cranky. Someone outside caught her attention as they passed by. Kat had asked another question but she was too focused on the person. As they continued walking, Anne finally caught the eyes of the person. Neither dared to look away but the person's friend pulled her along causing it to break.

It was Catherine, of course, it was. Fate really was doing them dirty. An accidental like, meeting that same night, being at the same party, and now crossing paths after having a dream with the other in it. Downing the rest of her coffee, Anne just wanted to get through the day.

She couldn't focus on her classes and when she looked down, she noticed she had sketched the brown-eyed girl. The downside of being an art minor is that she found herself sketching out her thoughts way too often. Ripping the page out of her notebook, she prepared to crumble it but instead, she folded it up, placing it back into her bag. Maybe Cleves was right. Maybe she should give it a shot. It's not like rejection normally scared her but again, she wasn't rejected often. And what if Catherine got wind of her reputation of being a party girl and sleeping around. It wasn't true anymore, that was much more her during her first and second years but Catherine may not know that. Her professor dismissed the class and practically raced out of the room.

Nighttime came and the hours were passing by: 11 PM, 12 AM, 1 AM. Finally, she unlocked her phone and started typing.

Anne Boleyn: hey sorry for the late text, can't sleep lol. wanna grab a bite together again sometime soon?

Setting her phone down, she heard it vibrate a few minutes later.

Cathy Parr: can relate to not being able to sleep, i have lunch plans tomorrow but how bout dinner?

Anne Boleyn: oooo dinner plans? it's a date

Right after she sent that, she regretted it. Why did she call it a date? That's so strange.

Cathy Parr: it's a date. let's do 7 PM? i can drive us somewhere

Anne Boleyn: sounds perfect, there's a really good mexican place a few miles from here if that suits your fancy

Cathy Parr: that works for me, text me your address and i'll pick you up. goodnight, Annie, try to get some sleep!

Anne Boleyn: goodnight! same to you. <3

They didn't know it but they both did fall asleep shortly after their text conversation. Apparently all their minds wanted was them to talk to each other.