Chapter Two - Old Friends

*8 Months ago...*

I slipped on my shoes quickly, getting ready to leave. I had seen the live news and was called in to action. It was night time, and a villain had destroyed a building and taking people hostage. Ochako came up to me, with a look of disapproval on her face

"You're going out again? You just got back two hours ago..." she said to me.

"I know, but I have to go. There's a villain again," I told her, before heading towards the door.

"But we hadn't had any time together, Izuku. Its been months since we've had time to ourselves... when are we going to?" She asked me.

"I don't know, but I have to go," I responded.

"Can't the other heroes deal with it? I'm sure Bakugo and Todoroki will be there to handle it," she stated, crossing her arms.

"I'm going, Ochako. Ever since... you know... I need to focus on becoming number one," I stated, grabbing the door knob. "I promised him I would."

"And what about this, Izuku?" she said, showing her engagement ring. "You proposed almost seven YEARS ago. When... when are we going to get married like you promised...?"

"I don't know, Ochako. With us opening the agency and all the work we have... I just don't know," I answered.

"The agency... you promised back at camp that we'd open our own agency together. Remember? It was a dream you had. But it only seemed to be your dream, not mine."

"I'm sorry. Things change, Ochako. But I'll make it up to you," I told her.

"You can make it up to me now, Izuku, by staying home. I want this, Izuku. I want to be able to love and spend time with you," she told me. "I don't want this to affect us, Izuku. Please, just one night..."

"I need to go and help, Ochako. Now I gotta go, I'll see you in a bit. Love you," I told her. She didn't say it back as I opened the door and left.

Little did I know, that was the last time I'd see her. That night when I got back, a lot of her stuff was gone. On the counter of our apartment, she left her engagement ring and a note;

Izuku,

I love you so much, but... I can't do this anymore. I feel like you only care about your job, and I know it's important, but it's been hard on me. I never get to spend time with you and we barely talk anymore. I go to sleep alone at night because you're always working late and wake up alone cause you leave early in the mornings. I just felt us growing slowly apart. Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe I'll regret it later. But for now... It's over. I'm sorry. I really tried...

~Ochako.

I remember seeing the tear marks on the paper, showing she cried while writing it.

I chose my job over the girl I spent almost nine years with, the girl I fell in love with, and the girl I wanted to marry and spend my life with. And to this day... I've regretted it.

__________

"So that's what happened... you never told us that," Todorki stated. I was talking to him and Iida.

"I just don't like bringing it up. But I just wanted to ease it off of me a little," I told them.

"It must still be hard. You two had so many memories like your first date, camp, hell even when she was kidnapped and you saved her and sacrificed your arm. You guys seemed inseparable," Iida stated.

"Yeah, we were... and not I don't know what to do," I replied.

"It might not be what you want to hear, but... maybe you should try to move on? There's probably plenty of girls out there itching to date the #2 hero after all," Todoroki stated.