Southern Love

I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT I KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT FARMING AND EVERY THING THAT GOES ON A FARM OR IN THE DEEP SOUTH I AM NOT FROM NEITHER OF THESE PLACES .FOR ONCE I WILL NOT BE HURTING MY CHARACTERS AND ITS GONNA BE A FLUFFY FLUFFY LOVE STORY 

"Maybelle you sure you wanna go to New Orleans right now? I mean it's cattle season, you know me and Daddy'll need your help on the farm." Marina says to her daughter " No Mama, I wanna go travelling, I wanna get off this farm like Murphy. Besides it ain't as if I'm abandoning you guys you'll be fine, Celeste still here she can help on the farm." Maybelle argues back as she is packing up her bags.

" Mama I need to get off this farm, I can't be cooped up here like these chickens. I wanna find love, I wanna see the world" She said with a swoon, as she spins and flops down on her bed. At that Marina playfully swats at her eldest daughters leg with a dish rag. " Stop all that foolishness child, they're plenty of girls here." Maybelle sits up and deadpans at her mother " And ain't a one of them gay Mama." "SO!" Marina yells "MAMA!" Maybelle yells right back at her. " May... come on now you can't leave us with just Cellie." She says in a hushed voice " You know she dumber than a bag of rocks." At this Maybelle jumps up from her bed and gets in her mothers face              " Stop being mean to Cellie she hates when you and Daddy do that she isn't dumb! She's smart and kind, and you just acting like a bitty old maid for no reason towards her. I can't wait til she is 18 in three more years cause then she'll finally get to fulfill her dream of moving away from this place and away from you and Daddy." She scoffs " You and Daddy were just thrilled  when Murphy got that scholarship to go to college in California, just bustin to get his ass outta here. Now why all of a sudden you got problems with me leaving?" Maybelle demands. 

 " Because you're my baby and I don't want you running off all alone." Marina says while sitting down trying to play every guilt card she has left to try and get her daughter to stay. " Oh stop, It's not as if I'll be all alone I'm going with Tiffany. Lets face it mom there is absolutely positively nothing you can say to me that is gonna make me want to stay on this farm." She smiles big at her mom standing her ground. " May there is one thing me and your father know, we are scared for you." Marina says truly sincere getting all choked up.                                                                                     " The people here love you they don't care about you being gay. They might find it a little weird, but they would never wish harm on you or nothing like that. I don't wanna turn on the news to see you ending up dead all for no reason, I don't want you calling us saying you were beat up by some arrogant homophobic assholes, I don't want that to happen to you baby." Marina cries and all Maybelle can do is hug her mom " Mommy, look no matter where I am at there are always going to be people like that. Just cause I'm here and people love me doesn't mean that I'm safe cause I'm out...Whenever someone comes out they put a target on their backs because of it. I can try to stay as safe as possible but nothing and I mean nothing like that is gonna not want to make me get off this farm." 

Celeste knocks on Maybelles door leaning on the frame of it with her legs crossed " Hey Belle how bout one day when finish school you can let me live with you in the big city. Would be nice to be around people that don't think I'm stupid. I say go, get your ass up on out of here ain't nothing here for you anyway." May points at Celeste " See even Cellie gets it, THANK YOU CELLIE! " She gets up and spins her younger sister around. " Mom even Daddy think's this will be good for Belle, you're the only one that is against it." Marina gets up and kisses both of her daughters heads. " There's really nothing I can say that's going to make you want to stay?" " NOPE." Marina sighs. " Well I'll leave you to packing I'm gonna go make supper." Marina leaves the room.

 The girls laugh and keep packing together. " Mom is being so dramatic she's acting as if you are going off to war or something and never gonna come and visit us again." Celeste says as she sits in Maybelles vanity chair. " I mean that is what Murphy did." " Yeah but this is different, you are not in college and you get along with Mommy and Daddy. Hell you are the only one that our parents don't complain about all the time. Murphy why can't you get act more like Maybelle, Or Celeste why can't you be smart like your big brother and sister." She says in a mocking sad voice. " You're right... you know I will come home more than Murphy right. And when I get a place somewhere after you graduate and if you still want to, you can move in with me. I'll only be gone for a couple months anyway just visiting places who knows if I'll like it or not.

" Oh lets stop all this sad talk I heard you talking about wanting a girlfriend comparing yourself to the chickens." Celeste laughs as she says that " Oh leave me alone I wanna find love, and its not like I'll ever find a girl here." " Well good luck with that." Celeste leaves the room. 

THE  NEXT MORNING 

Maybelles alarm goes off at five o'clock in the morning and gets ready for the day ahead she takes her shower then brushes her teeth and hair, finishes up packing and gets dressed. Celeste pops her head in her sisters room. " Mommy is making breakfest, and she is also making some food for Tiffany as well mom said she can either wrap it up for her to eat while you guys are on the rode or she can eat here text her and ask." " Okay thanks I will. I'll be out in a minute." Maybelle puts her hair into a high ponytail and texts Tiffany " Hey my Mama is making breakfest shes also making food for you too she wanted to know if you wanted it wrapped up and eat it when we are on the rode or come in and eat." Tiffany responds back quickly " Oh I'll come in and thank her but tell her she can just wrap it my dad is making me breakfest. I'm so excited we are doing this." " Me too." Maybelle responds and puts her phone in her pockets and then drags out all her luggage to the front door.                                                                                                                                   

" Daddy, can you help me get the other two bags out here please?" " Sure May " Jack gets up and grabs the two bags from Mays room and puts them on the couch near the rest of her stuff." " Thank you Daddy." " No problem baby." He smiles " Mom is almost done with breakfest got some bacon on the table for you." " Great" Maybelle goes to the kitchen and sits down. " Thank you Mama for making breakfest also Tiff said thank you and you can just wrap it up her dad is already making her breakfest." " Okay, You got all your stuff packed?" " Yes ma'am. 

OKAY SO THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A ONE SHOT BUT PLANS HAVE CHANGED THIS WILL BE MADE UP IN PARTS. BECAUSE I DECIDED TO WRITE THIS AT NIGHT LIKE A IDIOT .  AND I AM TIRED IT IS 10:19  BUT I WILL BE UPDATING EVERYDAY UP UNTIL THE 18TH