Episode 8

As Xiaobai returned back to the Imperial Palace with Prince Shen Ye by her side and Cha Cha following behind them as she escorted them to her mother's Palace.

As she walked in, her mother smiled at her before seeing the Prince behind her daughter as she looked to her in confusion.

"Mother, I have made the decision of agreeing to the proposal his Highness has asked for, under the term that I will do what I need to before settling down and getting married" Xiaobai said and her mother smiles as she gets up.

"I am so happy and proud of you" the Queen said getting up from her seat and hugging her daughter before hugging the Prince.

"Welcome to our family, we will have you stay in one of the guest rooms" the Queen said and Prince Shen Ye nods in approval.

'Now I just have to get her to fall in love with me like she was back home' Dijun thought to himself as the Queen declares a banquet for her daughter's engagement.

As the Queen sent out invitations and to Shen Ye's parents, Xiaobai had Cha Cha help Shen Ye move into his own Palace near hers.

Xiaobai was reading at her table when Cha Cha came in and bowed to her.

"Your Highness, his Highness Prince Shen Ye has come to visit you" Cha Cha said as Xiaobai sets her book down and nods to her maid as she goes out to bring Shen Ye into her Palace.

Dijun nods to her before seating himself opposite Xiaobai at the table and watched as Cha Cha left to get some food and a jug of wine for them to have as they chatted.

Dijun looked at his lover, her eyes set on looking at the table and her hands in her lap as Cha Cha comes in and sets the plates of food on the table along with two empty cups and the jug of wine.

Cha Cha then poured the wine into the first cup and handed it to Xiaobai who thanked her generously before pouring the wine into the second cup, handing it to Shen Ye as he thanked her.

'Feng Jiu, if only you remembered me, you would be so happy right now being with me' Dijun thought to himself as he drank the wine from the cup.

"Since I have agreed to this proposal, is there anything you would like me to do for you?" Xiaobai asked setting her empty cup down and looking him in the eyes.

"There is nothing that requires you to do anything, you get your terms to travel as you please before you decide on the day to marry me" Dijun said, settling his cup down.

'This guy wants nothing from me? The Imperial Princess of this Kingdom' Xiaobai thought to herself as she picked up a cookie in the shape of a flower and bites into it.

Standing outside the Palace, Cha Cha was waiting for her Highness to call her back in, she had decided to let the two chat and had even used her Highness's rare china that was used for family relatives.

Sitting by the lotus pond in the front yard to her Highness's Palace, Cha Cha fed the fish and made sure there was nothing dirty in the water.

She had then fallen asleep before both her Highness and his Highness walked out of the Palace and Xiaobai threw a soft ball at her, startling her as she yelped.

"Cha Cha, you have fallen asleep for a few hours, please escort Prince Shen Ye back to his Palace" Xiaobai says as Cha Cha stands up and bows to her.

"Yes your Highness" Cha Cha said before motioning Shen Ye to follow her as she escorted him back to his Palace.

Before Cha Cha left, Prince Shen Ye took her by the arm to stop her and she turned to him and asked him if he needed something.

"What does her Highness like?" Dijun asked and Cha Cha smiles at him.

"Are you planning a present for her Highness's birthday coming up?" Cha Cha asked and Dijun nodded.

"Well her Highness loves lotus flowers and she loves to make things, she loves festivals most of all, but she desires travelling above all else" Cha Cha said and Dijun nods thanking her and asking her not to tell Xiaobai before going inside.

Cha Cha smiled to herself as she walked back to Xiaobai's Palace. Upon arriving, she walked in and cleaned the table of wine jug, cups and the plates.

Asking the cooks in the Imperial Kitchen to make sure not to break her Highness's favoured china plates, she walked back to the Palace and found her sitting in front of the vanity table.

Xiaobai saw Cha Cha's reflection in the mirror and turned in her seat, giving her maid a smile and got up, walking to her.

"Is he home safe?" Xiaobai asked and Cha Cha nods, smiling at her Highness.

'I will not tell her of his Highness's plan for her birthday' Cha Cha thought to herself as she helped her Highness to her bed for a nap.

Back at his Palace, Shen Ye made travels plans for Xiaobai, hoping to take her to his Kingdom to show her to his family and the village outside his Palace.

The next day, the Queen had required the presence of him and Xiaobai as he walked with her to the Queen's Palace.

As they were announced and allowed in, Xiaobai slipped her arm into his as he helped her inside and walked with her to stand in front of the Queen and bowed before her.

"Greetings mother" Xiaobai said as Dijun followed suit and the Queen smiled seeing their joined arms, happy that her daughter will have a future as the Empress.

Dijun then politely asked Xiaobai to sit down and asked the Queen for a favour, in which she agreed as he nods to her.

"I plan to take her Highness on a travel for her birthday this year, I would like to show her my Kingdom and my family, seeing that we are engaged to be married" Dijun announced as the Queen smiled.

"I think that is a wonderful idea, what do you think Xiaobai?" the Queen asked looking to her daughter.

"I will accept Prince Shen Ye's gift" Xiaobai says, bowing her head as her mother was extremely happy.