15 ― again

"Now this is some serious deja vu." Chan said teasingly as he approached Jeongin, arms crossed against his chest to preserve all the heat he could. "Should I offer you my pants or do you want to text Changbin first?"

Jeongin however, was not lucky enough to just emit heat like a human furnace (aka, Bang Chan), and instead stood in the middle of the parking lot, shivering until his bones, a deep frown painted on his face.

He had, yet again, somehow found himself in nothing but a pair of boxers. And while it wasn't as cold as the last fire alarm incident, it was still horrible to be half naked and out at such a cold time.

"S-shut up." He managed, not looking at Chan (or his chest, since he wasn't wearing a shirt) (unsurprisingly).

Instead he glared menacingly at the fire fighters who were walking in and out of his building like it were a shopping mall, taking all the time and care they needed- not at all phased about the shivering university students left stranded outside their building again.

"Apparently it was someone making popcorn in the kitchens." Chan continued, waking closer until he was standing only a few inches away from Jeongin, "The microwave exploded and set fire to all the tea towels."

Jeongin paused, somehow lost in the cold and how horribly close Chan's bare pecs were to him, "It exploded?!"

"Yup. Rest in peace." Chan replied somberly, "Will be dearly missed. Now how am I going to make my mac and cheese?"

"Babe, if you're making microwaveable mac and cheese, maybe it's loss isn't such a bad thing."

"Hey! A man's gotta eat what he's gotta eat!"

Jeongin snorted, instinctively leaning forward into Chan's space, the heat emitting from him immediately calming and alluring, "You're r-ridiculous."

Chan's face softened for a moment, as he easily obliged. He uncrossed his arms, snaking them around Jeongin's waist and pulling him flush against his chest.

If Jeongin weren't so cold that he couldn't even feel his hands, he might have been slightly embarrassed by such an intimate display of affection infront of practically the entire university- but instead he convinced himself with was all an act of survival. Dying of hypothermia was a very serious and very really thing! This was all to make sure neither he nor Chan succumbed to such tragic ends.

Chan chuckled, the vibrations passing through his chest and tickling Jeongins own, and only then did Jeongin realise he had ranted that all out loud. "You don't have hypothermia, Jeongin. Besides, It's not that cold."

"I-it's not that cold to you because, hate to br-break it to you, you're not human. I can't even feel my feet or my-" Jeongin suddenly paused, pushing Chan back a bit so he could get a clear view of his feet, "Oh god wh-what if my toes have fallen off?!"

Chan rolled his eyes at the horrified expression on his boyfriends face, pulling Jeongin back into his chest, rubbing his hands up and down his back to warm him up, "So you had time to grab your shoes but not grab any clothes?"

"I had no t-time! I could smell smoke and people were screaming!"

"This is why you should sleep with more clothes on, and then next time we won't have this problem."

"There is no next time Chan! If I hear the fire alarm again, I'll just go back to bed, fire be damned."

Chan creased his brows, huffing a warm breath into the crook of Jeongin neck as he laughed, "I'll just break your door down and drag you out."

"Nooooo!" Jeongin cried in fake-anguish, arms tightening around Chan's torso, "Curse you- you- you muscle behemoth!"

"Do you even know what that means?" Chan laughed, lips ghosting over Jeongin's neck like butterfly feet.

The cold he felt was still very much prevalent, but Jeongins chest felt extremely warm against Chan's own; and maybe the way their bodies easily slotted together and so comfortably, or the way Chan's breath tickled his neck everytime the older man laughed had something to do with it.

But it was cut short by the sudden shriek of a mega phone, everyone around them cringing at the high frequency feed back.

"Residents of building number 8! You can safely return to your rooms!" Said the land lord, although their usual fear and dominance was lost at the sight of their fluffy bunny slippers and space pyjamas, "Please enter the building in a orderly fashion."

There was a pause before the land lord angrily stated, "And usage of electrical appliances in the kitchen is prohibited after midnight. If you have a problem with that, I don't care. Goodnight."

One by one, the students grumbled and moaned as they walked back into the building, hoping to squeeze in a few more hours until their morning lectures (and plot how to kill whichever imbecile decided to make popcorn at 3am) (spoiler: it was Jackson Wang from physical science).

But Chan and Jeongin stood steady, neither moving apart from the warmth they had created.

"Do you have a class today?" Chan asked softly.

Jeongin smiled without thinking, "Not until the afternoon."

"So what's you say we continue to cuddle in my dorm until then?" He continued, and Jeongin was pleased to see the tips of his ears flush red at the question.

They had been out on a couple dates since the whole 'miscommunication' incident (Changbin calls it 'Jeongin and Chan are both blind lovesick bafoons who give everyone around them high blood pressure' but they beg to differ), and only recently did Jeongin ask Chan to be his boyfriend.

So this was new, but most definitely welcomed.

"Yeah, okay." Jeongin mumbled back, laughter erupting from his chest when Chan suddenly pulled away and began dragging him towards the building.

THE END.

hope you enjoyed !

NEXT UP: EPILOGUE
(otherwise known as,
changbin's worst best
man speech).