CH. 1

°2 years later°
Present time

~~~~~~~~

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, yawning whilst I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I slowly got up, my stomach growling loudly. "Hm, let's see.." I mumbled to myself, grabbing my bag.

I zipped it open, scanning the insides of my bag for food. Luckily, I had found a bag of chips. I immediately grabbed the bag of chips impatiently opening it.

I popped a chip inside my mouth, moaning in delight. "Mm, my favourite.." I muttered to myself, enjoying my favourite brand of chips.

When the zombie apocalypse had occurred, I luckily had found a place to stay in for the meantime. It was a small two-story cottage that I had managed to find near a park. Zombies were quite rare to be seen wandering around here, so it was pretty safe.

The windows are blocked and so are the doors, just to completely prevent the undead from barging in. I usually went out through an open window on a rope.

After I had finished eating my chips, I realized that my food supply is running low. "I guess I have to go out on a quick food run," I mumbled to myself, grabbing my bag and my metal bat as a weapon.

I slowly climbed down the rope, landing on the ground gently. I grabbed my handmade drawn map from my pockets, checking the places on where I had and had not been before.

I explored the parts of town where I hadn't been before. I managed to get a good amount of food and water, shoving them carefully inside my bag. I stopped in my tracks as I stood in front of the library which I frequently visited before.

I sighed, the feeling of nostalgia hitting me in the face. "COME ON, HURRY UP!" I heard a guy's voice, multiple footsteps heading towards me.

I stared at them in confusion and surprise. I stood there in place, my legs frozen. A horde of zombies sprinting towards us, I closed my eyes in fear.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" The red-haired male yanked my arm roughly. A sudden hit of realization slapped me in the face as I started to run.

I ran with a group of guys, following them inside a school. The guy with the bat hastily closed the gate shut.

"D*mn, that was extremely close!" The red-haired guy huffed out, panting in exhaustion. We stared at the zombies banging on the gate.

"Um, are you alright?" The guy with white hair walked up to me in worry. "Yeah, I'm fine, how about you?" I returned the question back to him.

He gave me a gentle smile, nodding in response. "Hey, the others went in already." The red-haired male proclaimed, giving the two of us a wry look.

I glanced at the white-haired male, nodding as the three of us entered the enormous building together.

"Tch, so why did we even help her?" The blond male pointed a finger at me. "She nearly got us killed! What a pain in the *ss." He sighed in frustration.

"Hey, anyone would've done the same in that situation." An oddly familiar-looking brunet male walked up to us.

"Eh, whatever..!" The shorter male scoffed. "Will you shut up already? I'm exhausted.." The red-haired male massaged his temples in annoyance.

I looked down at my feet anxiously. 'Should I say something or ask for their names?..' I awkwardly fiddled with my sleeves.

"Hi, I'm Harry." the white-haired guy walked up to me, giving me a warm smile. I glanced up at him in surprise "What's your name?" He asked.

I gave him a soft nod and a smile back. "It's (Y/N).." "(Y/N), huh? Well, it's such a lovely name!" "R-really?.." I stared into his amethyst eyes, flustered. "Mhm." He chuckles.

"What are you guys doing?" The brunet male asked in confusion. "Just getting acquainted since we're all going to stay here together." He gave me a small glance before directing his attention towards the brunet male.

"Knowing people's names are useless since we're all just going to die here anyway.." The blond male directed his gaze away from us, focusing his attention on something else.

"Well then, I'm Lawrence." The brown-haired male said with a smile. I gazed into his brown eyes shyly "I'm (Y/N).." I gave him a small smile.

'He looks oddly familiar, have I seen him before?' I thought to myself, immediately brushing the thought off. I directed my gaze towards the guy with the bat "That's Ethan." Lawrence glances briefly at him before directing his attention towards me again.

Ethan stared at us, confused. "I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you!" I gave him a small smile. "Ethan.." He said almost inaudible, but I still managed to hear him.

"Hey, it's Zion, you better remember that name because I'm not going to make myself repeat it anymore." The red-haired male walks up to me, crossing his arms. "Hi, I'm (Y/N), thanks for saving me back there." I gave him a gratified grin, scratching my neck sheepishly.

"Hey Eugene, are you going to introduce yourself?" We all directed our attention to him. "Gosh, do I have to? It's Eugene." He stares into my (E/C) orbs before walking away.

"I'm sorry about him, he gets a bit moody." "N-no that's alright!" I gave Lawrence a small smile. "Well, let's head inside now, shall we?" I nodded, following behind the guys.

------------------

(A/N): I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for the next ones!