The Everyday Life of Midoriya Izuku

Izuku snorts as he watches a villain childishly stick his tongue out at a small-time Hero, causing the other to scowl and go to attack. A long yawn escapes his mouth, and he has to blink away the tears brought to his eyes. The school bell rings, and he turns his phone off, slipping it into his pocket. He rolls his shoulders back a few times before bring his arms on to his desk, propping an arm up and placing his chin on his left hand.

"WHOO! Good morning, everybody! Ready to start the day?"

Present Mic slips into the classroom with his usual excited greeting, while Izuku trails his eyes over to his right where one of his classmate sleepily rubbed his own eyes, raising from his hunched-over position. He notes that it seems he isn't the only one not getting a full-night's rest lately, though it seems this guy always has bags under his eyes.

'Maybe it's a new look? I must look stylish myself then.'

He lets an amused huff and returns his attention to his homeroom teacher (who just happens to be a popular Pro-Hero), twisting a green curl with a finger. Whenever Present Mic reaches his name on the roster, he answers with a lazy "here," slowly spinning his mechanical pencil in his right hand. Unfortunately, he hasn't practiced enough for his movement to not be stiff and awkward, but it's an easy thing to lose attention on regardless.

Soon, roll call is over, and Present Mic is reassuring the students that the huge clash at the school's training facility, U.S.J, is not something to be concerned over, and that there shouldn't be any future villain attacks that will take place on the main building. He also mentions how if anyone is feeling any sort of anxiety or panic, they are free to visit U.A.'s counselor, Hound Dog, or even come to him, during the lunch break or after school, if they feel comfortable doing so.

"Us Pros are gonna work hard to keep you all safe, so there's nothin' you need to worry about!" His grin dramatically falls, a grim expression replacing it. "Actually, there is..." The class of teenagers tense up, though Izuku just narrows his eyes, not finding any reason to start getting nervous just yet. "You guys need to worry about the U.A.'s Sports Festival!" He beams like the sun, and those who were worrying had relaxed, some even smiled back almost like sunflowers, as he goes on about the advantages of getting on the podium. Izuku decides to peek over at the panda-cosplaying classmate again, and even he's showing a bit of excitement, his half-lidded purple eyes shining in hope and determination.

As for Izuku, he could care less about the festival. He isn't aiming for the Hero Course; he didn't have any desire to become a Pro-Hero, at least not anymore. All he needs is to graduate and hopefully get into college, so he could somehow get a better job than the one he has at a fast food restaurant. If he has a little side business of helping people with small-time things, who cares? It's not like he has any good reputation at school. If he did, he probably wouldn't be all alone and friendless. People would probably stop looking at his quirkless status before looking at who he is. It's a good thing none of his classmates know about that. He doesn't want to add any type of bullying to the pitiful mixture, even if U.A. claims that they have a strict policy against it.

Being quirkless isn't a fun characteristic to live with―in fact, it is terrible. All because of not having something that eighty percent of the population has, his former friend decided to bully and basically ostracize him. All because of not having a quirk, almost everyone that found out, through him or other means, either hated or pitied him. All because he was quirkless, he couldn't save his mother from a stupid villain. But what can he, or anyone, do? Genetics is genetics; not like anyone can change it so easily.

He's lucky that he is somehow able to get away with hiding his "defect" away from those at work. Quirkless people are often pushed aside for someone with a quirk, leaving many without jobs or college degrees. After all, how could they let someone without a quirk take the place of someone with one? Can't waste potential, right?