008

Hyunjin's POV

Today, the weather was good, so we decided that going take a walk wouldn't hurt us. We were walking side by side, holding hands, when I saw someone that looked familiar. He was tall, had a slim figure and mid-lenght dark hair. It was this guy, Soomin, from the cafe the other day ! He was wearing a white cap and looked kind of weird. He kept glancing around him, as if he was hiding something. He was also pretty fidgety and seemed anxious, which was a suspicious behaviour.

I thought it was weird and preferred not to stay there and just leave before he'd see us, but Heejin didn't agree with me.

"Come on, we can't just leave like that ! " She whispers. "Aren't you curious to know what he's doing ? Let's follow him and find out whatever he's hiding !"

Actually, I didn't really want to know what he was doing. I just wanted to go home and eat something, but Heejin didn't let me the choice but to go along with her plan. I sighed, reluctantly following her.

After some minutes of following him around like creeps, we finally arrived in front of a tall white building. We followed him inside, passing through the glass doors. The inside smelled like a hospital, with this weird medecines smell. We went to the stairs and went up to the 3rd floor.

On the wall, it was written; 'Psychiatric ward'.

"Why would he go to a psychiatric hospital." I thought. Heejin gave me the same confused look.

What if he's some kind of psychopath or something even worse ! I tried to remain calm. Soomin knocked on the door of a room, the number 367, entered and then closed it behind him. When he disappeared inside, we started freaking out.

"Why did we even followed him here ! It was the worst idea we ever had." I said.

"Well, at least, we discovered something, didn't we ?" Heejin said.

"Yeah, but right now, we aren't really minding our business. We shouldn't have followed him all the way here. And we didn't discover anything. It doesn't have anything to do with us at all."

"Yeah but—"

We hear the sound of a door closing and turn our head toward the same person; Soomin. He glare at us, his eyebrows forrowed. He looked really really angry.

"Huh, we can explain—" I start, but he stops me.

"Why did you follow me." He says coldly.

I noticed he was staring at Heejin. Why ?

"I swear we were not following you !" I lie. "We just saw you getting in the hospital and were worried something happened to you."

"Do I look dumb ? Please mind your business and leave me alone. If I ever find you following me again..." He says, leaving.

"I feel kind of bad for doing that..." I say. "It was probably something personal. Ah, really ! I shouldn't have listened to you."

Heejin seemed lost in her thoughts.

"I don't regret doing that at all. The dude is crazy ! Did you notice ? He kept staring at me —only me— as if he wanted to kill me. Like, it's not the end of the world, if we followed him. He should relax and chill down." She took my hand, dragging me to the exit to leave. "Let's leave already."

__________________________

While we were walking to get back home, Heejin finally broke the silence.

"He's probably hiding something else. His reaction was a bit too defensive. If he didn't have anything to hide, why would he suspect anyone to follow him ? We could've just been some random strangers."

"Well, first, I think his reaction was pretty normal. I mean, who wouldn't react like that ? And actually, I know him..."

"What ?!"

"Hey, don't be mad, okay. I just forgot to tell you. The other day, at the cafe, he came and randomly asked to talk to me. I said yes. Turns out he goes at the same university as me. And his name is Han Soomin."

"Ah, really. You should tell me things like that."

"Why ? It isn't that important..."

"Anyway, do you know anything more about him ?"

"No, I only talked to him once. He told me he just moved in the neighborhood, so I never saw him before."

"Okay. If you have any more informations, tell me, okay ? And, we should come back tommorrow to discover more about it." She said.

I looked at Heejin, observing all her features. That's when it all hit me. The reason why I thought Soomin looked familiar... Was because he looked like Heejin !

_______________________

Took a short break from writing but now I'm back :)

I feel like now the story is getting interesting ? Or is it just me 😂

Anyway, hope you liked it !

And by the way, thank you so much for 189 reads and 34 votes !! I am really grateful !!!