Chapter 40

Emma's POV

    "These past few weeks have been so hectic. I can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep, I've been so busy." I told Lydia taking a beauty magazine from the table in front of me.

  "I know right!? I'm not the one getting married but I can totally relate." Lydia replied.

  "Emma, the makeup table is all set, so you can come now." Esther said from the other side of the room.

I placed the magazine on the table and walked over to her.

   Esther smiled when I walked in. She stared at me mischievously as if she was thinking about something.

  "I knew he'd propose to you." She said watching me sit down in the chair.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I just knew it." She replied.

She tied up my hair and began working.

  After what felt like forever my hair and makeup was completed. Esther and Lydia gasped and hyped me up.

  I stared at myself in the mirror. I hardly recognized myself. It was the first time I'd ever had a full face makeup transformation and I looked like a goddess.

   "You look amazing Emma. If Xander doesn't cry I'll personally slap him in the face." Esther told me.

  "Yeah, he better cry." Lydia replied laughing.

  "Let's get you in that gorgeous dress." Esther said, motioning for me to follow her.

  In a few minutes I would be getting married to Xander. I couldn't help but imagine the looks on my parents' face if I had told them that I would be getting married to a vampire.

   The girls helped me get into my dress and heels. After minutes of hair spray, fitting my feet into my heels and tying the bow on the back of my dress I was ready to walk down the aisle.

  "You look stunning."  Lydia told me.

  "Aww thank you. All because of both of you. What would I do without you precious souls?"

  "Let's not even think about it." Esther replied.

"You guys are too much. I can't even cry because I'll destroy my makeup. Get in here." I said moving closer to them.

I hugged them tightly fighting back the tears that were building up in my eyes.

  "Oh my gosh! Your beauty is blinding." Lydia said using her hands to cover her eyes.

"But am I beautiful enough to make Xander love me forever!?" I asked with a sigh.

"What are you talking about? My brother has never even thought about marriage before you came along. Emma I'm his sister, I know he loves you. It shows." Esther replied.

  "I don't know. Why would he even choose me?He could get any supernatural female he wanted. Why choose to marry me when you can have all the women in the world? You know?" I said looking away from them.

  "No, We don't know." Esther and Lydia replied.

   "Listen, we know you're having second thoughts and now is the time you'll think about things that have never crossed your mind before, this is all normal. We don't know a lot but we both know our brother is inlove with you. Trust your heart and allow it to lead you.

  "Are you sure you want to get married to him?" Esther asked.

  "Speak now or forever hold your peace." Lydia said moving closer to me.

  "Yes I love him, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him." I told them.

  "Well then. What are you waiting for? The groom anxiously awaits." Esther said taking my arm.

I exhaled heavily and looked around before following the ladies through the front door.

  I was getting married and neither my mother nor father could be present, I felt really sad about that. I wanted them to be there and share my happiness, but that couldn't happen.

  I took a deep breath then exhaled, releasing all the sadness that I felt. I didn't want to be sad on my wedding day. I didn't want to get married with negative emotions.

  "Here goes nothing." Esther said as we walked to the large garden where the wedding was kept.

  As soon as I saw Xander I froze. His back was turned to me but I knew he was anxious to see me. My heart beat quickened and I gripped the bouquet in my hand.

I slowly stepped through the doors and everyone turned to look at me. Xander did too even though he wasn't supposed to. Our eyes met and my heart skipped a beat. It felt like I was seeing him for the first time.

I had everyone's undivided attention. My grandmother took my arm and held me close to her as she walked me up the aisle. My feet were trembling under the dress. My grandmother looked pleased and was smiling at everyone she knew.

  "You'll be fine Emma." She leaned in and whispered. 

  I only nodded. I wasn't focused on anyone else but the man I was about to marry.

  A tingle ran up my spine when I saw the way Xander looked at me. The confident look he always had was no where to be found. He looked  mesmerized.

  I didn't realize how quickly my grandmother and I were walking until I was standing alongside Xander.

  He was neatly dressed in a stylish tuxedo that I enjoyed looking at. I couldn't look away from him, but I didn't want to. We stood before each other staring into each other's eyes as if we'd just met.

King Auther suddenly cleared his throat to snap us out of whatever trance we had placed each other in. I looked around at the people before us. There were more people at the ceremony than I thought would be there.

All the supernatural leaders, Xander's family members and some other supernaturals I had never seen before sat silently waiting for the wedding to begin.

   "Yes, we are ready to begin Father." Xander said breaking the silence.