Chapter 16: Merry Christmas Scorpius; Part 3

A week passed by since Rose had gotten Scorpius's gift together. She couldn't wait for Christmas Day. Not just that she got to see her entire large family at The Burrow, but she would be able to send Scorpius his gift today. It was about 7:15 am, Rose was stirring in her bed, as Hugo came in and shook her awake.

"Rose, come on get up! It's Christmas!" Hugo yelled in her ear. He was 13, but he still got excited on Christmas morning.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier!" Rose said as she glanced over at her clock. Christmas Day was the only day she liked to get up early. And yes, she was 15 and she still got as excited as Hugo.

"Well let's go!" Hugo said eagerly.

"Okay I'm coming, I'm coming!" Rose said as she slipped out of her bed.

Then, Rose and Hugo headed downstairs to the living room towards the Christmas tree. When they got there, Ron and Hermione were already there.

"It's about time you guys got up!" Ron said. He got as excited on Christmas as much as his kids did.

Then, the Weasley's had their Christmas morning. Rose tore open the wrapping paper on her presents. Rose had received some new muggle books, some nice, new, comfy, sweaters, (jumpers), new Quidditch pants, (her last ones got all tore up in her accident), and a vinyl record of Harry Style's album Fine Line. Rose had a muggle record player, and she had a few records. Rose favored muggle singers over magical. She had loved One Direction back when they were together, and she still had their albums on vinyl. She had also received a pair of Timberland boots. Anyway, that's what she had got on Christmas morning.

At the same time, Hugo opened his gifts. He mostly got new Quidditch gear and sweats. Then, Rose and Hugo gave their parents their gifts. Rose had gotten her mum a box or gourmet Toffees, and her dad more Chudley Cannons memorabilia. Hugo had got them something similar. Then, Ron had went to make breakfast as Rose and Hugo gathered up their gifts and said thank you, as Otter and Crookshanks II were tarring and playing with the wrapping paper.

After breakfast, Rose went up to shower, change, and do her hair and makeup. She settled on one of her new sweaters, (she knew she would have to change out of it later, due to the receiving of her annual Weasley jumper), a nice pair of jeans, and her new Timberland boots. She then braided her hair into a messy fish tale, and flicked on a bit of mascara and concealer. After that, she went over to her table and popped in her rose shaped earrings, and put on the matching ring and necklace that Scorpius had got her. Oh wait! Scorpius!

Rose had ran over to her bedside table and grabbed the wrapped box. She sprinted downstairs to Pig's Perch and told him to deliver it.

"Okay Pig, I know it's Christmas, but you need to deliver this. It's urgent! It's a gift, so be careful with it." Rose told the owl, he seemed to perk up at this, he liked making deliveries. Rose put the package into his talons, and he flew out the window towards Malfoy Manor.

"What are you sending on Christmas Day?" Ron asked Rose as he walked into the room.

"Oh, a last minute gift for a... um..friend." Rose responded.

"Oh, alright." Ron said. He seemed to buy it, despite Rose's long pause between "um" and "friend."

***

Meanwhile at Malfoy Manor, Scorpius had woken up at 8:45. He remembered that it was Christmas. Christmas was a hard Holliday for Scorpius. It just wasn't the same without Astoria. Christmas had been Astoria's favorite day of the entire year. She would used to decorate the entire house from top to bottom, with strands of garland hanging EVERYWHERE. The whole house smelled like a pine tree. The day just wasn't as enjoyable without her. Christmas morning had been pretty quiet these last few years for Draco and Scorpius. Draco had let the payed house elves have the day off on Christmas, so it was just him and Scorpius in the big, echoing house.