36. DOMINANT - ✭DENVER✭

She'd shivered underneath my touch when I caressed the cool metal. The thin piece of jewelry that sits around her neck is a symbol that she belongs to me. She has a dom and that dom is me. Even if it was only for the next twenty-four hours there was something about that, that swelled my pride immensely. Malyssa submits to no one, she hardly even let me have control in the bedroom. She'd agreed to submit to me though and that turns me on.

"Denver," my name is a whisper as I run my fingers along the collar. Now I understood her relationship with Luke. I'd never ever collared anyone. Yes, I know the concept and what it entails but I've never had that type of relationship or commitment with anyone. I'd never wanted it from anyone like I'm finding I do right now. I almost wish she was wearing it under different circumstances. A circumstance where she wanted to be completely dominated by me, belong to me solely. Be my sexy little pet. Just the thought makes my mouth go dry.

I can't help but picture her kneeling before me, waiting for me, ready for me. The mental image of her bent over, grabbing her ankles while I flog her floods my mind. The aching, pleasurably painful moans that would come out of her mouth would be the most delectable noises. The thought of her stern and dominant features switched completely the other way around has blood rushing, almost uncontrollably, to very specific areas of my body.

"Sorry, Malyssa." I pull my hand away from her, making myself abandon her neck. I know she wouldn't thoroughly enjoy any of those things anymore. She wasn't a bottom, as one would  call it, and I doubt she ever would be again, even for me. "There's just something about it. Something that just-" I don't know how to explain it in a way that makes Malyssa understand. I don't know if I can talk about the extent of what it does to me without it bothering her, especially now.

"It turns you on," Luke says from beside me. I turn to look at him and he gives me a look of understanding while continuing with, "you're looking at her like she looks at me."

"It's not the same." I state, knowing Mal would never let me actually collar her for real. She's way too dominant for that. Yes, she's a switch, but I know she would much rather prefer to top than to bottom. She would never enjoy me doing to her what she does to Luke. Which makes me wonder what Scott had done to her.

Had that man made her completely submit? Had he gagged her, bound her, and collared her as his own? Had she been all of those things to him? My mind rebels at the thought of any man doing that to her. I don't want to think of any man being with her in that way. Well, besides myself. I'm finding that I'd quite like to be with her that way.

My eyes scan over her in her loosely-fitted dress until they reach the reason for my thought process. The metal looks like a necklace and not like a piece of kink. I wonder how many people have seen Luke's and thought the same thing. It's just a piece of jewelry. It's not what it really is, like this situation.

"It's just not the same." I'd said, because it's not. She doesn't belong to me in this way.

"It can be the same for the next twenty-four hours." When my gaze goes back to her I feel a deep hunger flow through me. I want to tell her just how badly I want that but I also don't. I don't want to pressure her. As if she were reading my mind she says, "It can be, Den. I can be that to you."

"Don't tease, baby. It's not nice." She looks at me and then her eyes go to the floor submissively. As much as a part of me loves it another part of me equally does not. I place two fingers under her chin, making her look back up at me. "I don't want you to be something you're not. I don't want you to feel like you ever have to change for me."

"But I need to be. I need to change for the next few hours." She makes a valid point but that doesn't mean I'm keen of taking advantage of that. "We can play. If you really want to." Oh god, yes, I want to so fucking bad. "You want to." It's not a question, she knows, so I hesitantly give her a nod. "Then take the reins, Denver. I'm giving them to you." She hands over her pretend metaphorical reins to me. "It will be good for me to remember being in that role again. You have all of my consent, Master." You can tell the word fell uneasily from her tongue. She'd once called another man that name; Master.

"Malyssa, sweetheart, I know this situation brings up bad memories. That's the last thing I want to bring up when you're in the bedroom with me." I don't ever want to bring that sick fuck to the forefront of her mind when she's being intimate with me. We'd already had the battle for the role of dominance in our relationship. That had happened the very first time we'd slept together and at the time I hadn't understood the true reason for it. I thought it was just a game to her. I know completely different now and I don't ever want to be a reminder of that sick fuck. "It's Denver, never Master. Do you understand?" She nods. "I never want you to associate your former memories with me."

"Then give her new memories." Both her and I look over to Luke. "Change the way she sees the role of a dom, of a Master. You can do that for her, Denver." He's looking at me almost hopefully. I realize the memory is not just going to be changed for her but for him as well. It won't just be Scott who's done those things.

"I don't know if I can. I don't know if-"

Luke interrupts what I was about to say with, "you changed the way I see things." His words soften something inside of me and I look at the two of them. How one man could ever get so lucky to find two people so perfectly matched for him is beyond me.

"We're yours, Den." Malyssa saying those words made something in me swell with pride. I can't help but reach forward and pull her into me, kissing her deeply. My other hand reaches out to Luke, bringing him into our meaningful exchange. The three of us kiss, our tongues crashing in and out of one another's mouths. Our hands begin fervently caressing one another. We've talked about this, about the three of us and what we mean to each other but this is different. This is showing one another that we fully do trust one another. Not just trust either, something much deeper than that.