I'm Fine

Aimes Pov.
We were all in our dressing room getting ready for our game against Italy. Averman, Goldberg and Jesse were currently trash talking the Itallians.

“We are so gonna beat those pasta sucking flicks” Goldberg laughed

“Yeah. They’re just a bunch of cheese eating cake eaters” Jesse laughed as well.

“Hey!” I yelled “Did you guys forget I’m half Italian?” I raised an eyebrow.

All the boys looked nervous.

“Sorry Aimes” They all mumbled.

I nodded and sat down to tie my skates. Guy walked up to me and sat down.

“Hey Aimes” she smiled “Are you alright?”

“What makes you think I’m not?” I smirked

“Well it’s just. You’ve been kinda demanding since we got here” I raised an eyebrow at Him “I mean I know you get tense during games. But you didn’t seem to be this bad before we-

“I’m fine” I growled standing up.

Everyone looked at me as I walked to the door waiting for us to go out on the ice. Adam walked up to me with a sad look on his face.

“Amethyst are you sure you’re-

“I said! I’m fine!” I shouted “Anyone else wanna say something?” I looked around the room.

They shook their heads. I huffed before walking out onto the ice to warm up, soon being followed by everyone else. The truth is, I was angry. Angry at my dad for not being around. He was off with his camera’s and his news stations. I hadn’t seen him in months. Did he even care about me anymore?

It was still the first period and we were already beating Italy 6 to 0. 

“Hey Paisan. Meatballs are slowing you down? Uh how do you say in Italiano, Wussy?” Goldberg teased an Italian player.

He shoved Goldberg and the ref had to break them up.

“Goldberg!” I heard dad scold from the box.

Oh yeah dad good you are paying attention. That’s good to know. Fulton hit a slap shot into the net, third period. 11 to 0. We all cheered for our victory.
__

Gordon’s Pov.
I was walking down the hall after our Italy defeat when I heard Amethyst calling me.

“Dad! Dad, wait up!” She yelled with her adorable smile that I love.

“Hey munchkin” I smiled lifting her up and setting her back down “Great job out their kiddo” 

“Thanks Dad” She smiled “Hey I brought some money with me, I was wondering if you wanted to go get some burgers? Maybe we could go get Charlie and-

“Yeah, that would be great munchin but I uh, I got another press conference soon and I can't back out of it” I sighed.

I hated to see Aimes eyes turn from so happy to so sad so fast. She really was so special to me, but I just didn’t have time.

“Mr. Bombay! Mr. Bombay we need you now!” A lady said dragging me away.

“Wait just let me say goodb-

“No time for that, you need to be on the air in 15 minutes” the lady continued to usher me away.

I just looked at Amethyst’s hurt eyes. She looked sad for a moment before hiding it with her anger.

“See you later then, Coach” she sighed before running off.

I hated it. I hated to see my daughter so sad. But I had to do this, it was all for the Ducks, they need me, and Aimes and I need the money. She’ll understand sooner or later.
__