Liam

I wish we could've just left then and there. But they were right. We needed rest and to collect supplies. Being that who could sleep when someone you have feelings has disappeared, I prepared for the journey ahead while everyone slept.

I must not have been quiet enough because soon Beldegard was standing next to me.

"Don't worry we'll get her back." he whispered to me.

I thought for a second. "My duty was to protect the princess and I didn't."

"Yes, you did. You are one of the best knights I know, and a trustworthy one. Annie can handle herself, but she was stronger with you by her side. She needed you, and you were always there to help and protect her. Even if there were times she outsmarted you. You out of anyone will get her back. You are just lucky enough to get people crazy enough to help you." He finished with a small chuckle.

"Now, we should go rest. We have a long journey ahead of us." Beldegard said heading back to where he slept with Gwendolyn.

"Ok. I will in a second. I need to do something first." I replied. Less than ten minutes later, I was slinking into the darkness to start this journey, alone.

But what I didn't know was that
Beldegard was very good at reading people.