I'm A Mess

The crowd around the new doll stood in silence. That was until they started clapping and cheering at the amazing song Jason had just sung.

Lou didn't pay attention to it though. He just kept cleaning. It's not like he had a reason to watch someone else be praised.

I'm a misfit now.

A traitor.

A nobody.

The blond swallowed the lump in his throat and aggressively scrubbed at the discoloured ground. His deep blue eyes cold, holding back the emotions and thoughts that threaten to shoot out from him. It hurt trying to think of something other than this new... replacement.

Who does he think he is?!

Ox thinks he can replace me that easily?

Am I that easy to replace?

Lou took a shaky breath and tried to ignore the burning in his nose, trying to push down his tears. His eyes locked onto the now clean sidewalk as he leaned his upper back onto a nearby wall. The mop that was once in his hand was next to him, propped against the wall. Lou shivered, glancing back at the blond in the centre of the - now disappearing - crowd.

He wished to be like that again. To be a part of something nice. Something normal. He wants his friends, acquaintances, fans and all. He just wants them all back in his life. The prototype hummed at the memory of multiple, smiling faces of the new dolls who he'd teach to be perfect for The Big World.

The Big World.

That was a nice dream.

Too bad it'll never become a reality.

Louis groaned as he ran a hand over his neck. Oh, how he wanted to scratch at it; pierce the skin, tame the burning itch. But he didn't - even if he wanted to. Old habits are the hardest to break, huh.

Loud laughter distracted him from his clouded thoughts. He snapped his head up towards the noisemakers. Moxie and her band of uglies. Laughing with the new doll.

"What..." Lou mumbled, barely hearing himself speak. "How can he..." The male paused, twisting his head to glance down the other end of the street. No dolls attempted to pass him - only crossing over to the other side of the street.

Another round of laughter came from the group which caused Lou to turn his attention back towards the group of uglies, the freak doll and his replacement. It seemed like the his eyes lingered too long on his replacement, as they turned slightly and locked eyes with one another. Lou gasped, his body stiffening as his heartbeat seemed to pound in his head.

Lou's replacement smiled in his direction, adding a friendly wave over to him. The outcast's eyes widened - shocked.

He... noticed me?

He waved at me.

He has a nice smile...

Almost too nice. Lou waved back, though it was reluctant, and smiled awkwardly. The new doll nodded and his eyes closed for a second. The blond could look at that smile all day, it was so perfect. The new doll had everything. Good looks, an angel's voice, the perfect posture.

==========================

Perfect.

Lou thought Jason was perfect.

==========================

"C'mon Louis! Stop gawking at the new guy. He's just as insignificant as the rest of them." He hissed you himself. Lou leaned his head back, it banging onto the wall with a slight thud. He winced, regretting his action but tried his best to ignore the slight pain on the back of his head.

"No, c'mon. How could you hate him? He's amazing and I haven't even talked to him yet!" A dry laugh escaped Lou's pursed lips and he shook his head, a hand moving to pinch the bridge of his nose. The prototype tried with all of his might not to let a smile fall onto his face.
But he couldn't.

The new doll seemed like the kind of guy to listen to Louis' problems and try his darn best to put a smile on his face. Like the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

Lou hummed, a pleasant smile resting on his relaxed face. They'll be a dynamic duo. The prettiest dolls in all of Imperfection. The new doll can help Lou back to where he once was. They can help other dolls to be as perfect as they can be, for their own kid.

Doll, damn it!

I need to introduce myself to him!

He seems like someone who'll understand me, right?

Yeah, we can give eachother fashion tips and vocal training!

We'll be best friends!

I can tell him everything!

Everything.

No, not everything.

He won't understand.

He's not a prototype.

He won't be here forever.

He's got a kid waiting for him, somewhere.

He'll probably be like the rest.

He'll leave me...

Just like the others.