𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕

࿔・゚*࿐ ˏˋ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕 ˎˊ 

────005, diver down

MAYBE CLEO IS MAKING A BIG MISTAKE━━but ever since John B mentioned a wreck, and his father lost at sea, she couldn't help but feel too as if whatever is hidden deep beneath the marsh must be important. She felt it deep in her heart, and her soul, and every fibre of her very being.

That, and no matter how hard she tried, she could not sit still without the promising prospect of the Pogue crew's latest escapade creeping upon her. This was all she ever sought to read about in her books, and falls short in comparison to what she could ever conjure up in her daydreams. Besides, one trip out on the marsh with her friends wouldn't do any harm. She was allowed to let her curiosity get the best of her now and then, and if she wanted to back out later on, she always had the chance, didn't she?

But maybe it was all a big mistake.

Still, she finds herself returning to the Chateau after going back to her home for a handful of hours before the clock struck 7:00 p.m. She's the last to arrive, as made clear by the fact that the others are already situated in the Pogue at the bottom of the pier, a jumble of voices echoing up her way.

"...what was that all about earlier anyway?" Cleo can hear Pope ask aloud.

"It's nothing." This is JJ now, his tone dismissive when he speaks. "She's probably not even gonna show."

"She will," John B insists. "I know she will."

"I second that," Kiara adds. "Wait━━"

The hushed whispers suddenly come to a halt whereupon Kiara cranes her neck to look over at Cleo who has caught her attention. The other girl visibly brightens at the sight of Cleo approaching, and grins widely.

"C! You made it!" she greets.

"Couldn't pass it up, if I'm being honest," Cleo admits sheepishly. By now, she's reached the base of the dock, staring down at the others in John B's boat. "Still need an extra hand?"

"We're all set over here," Pope assures, standing at the stern. He's squinting up past the sun, offering her a warm smile. "Hop in. We were just about to leave."

As Cleo makes for the boat, John B stops her by standing to his feet. He extends a hand to the girl, palm raised high for her, and she takes it graciously as she uses his body as leverage as she hops into the boat. She passes him a quiet swift thankful look as she settles onto the boat, flattening out the front of her shirt. It's only then that she takes in JJ's austere presence, silently brooding as per usual.