two; meet the cullens

CHAPTER TWO
MEET THE CULLENS

|————|————|————|————|————|————|————|

His southern twang filled the Cullens ears.

Each one of the vampires backs were straight as each muscle waited to pounce the second it all goes wrong. Well, all but one petite future-seeing pixie. The small golden-eyed girl had a grin plastered across her flawless face, a careless, giddy aura surrounded her as her smile only widened when she saw her best friend.

The blonde Texan was tense. Inhumanly tense as he watched the scene unfold before him. He waited in anticipation, waiting for Bella's sweet crimson blood to drip down her neck. For the mouth watering smell to fill his nose and every sense. For him to loose all control he had left towards the girl. For their secret to be exposed to the entirety of Forks.

But it didn't come.

Elijah's eyes traveled from Bella's face to behind the girl where the Cullens lay. Deep honey gold eyes stared at the scene with such intensity it would make any humans skin crawl. Alas Elijah was quite used to the looks, the glares. After years of being alive he had become accustomed to them, after all he had spent years with the infamous Maria. Battling against her never ending new borns and making many deals with gangs for his own personal gain.

"I missed you so much." At her words Elijah's eyes trailed back down to the brunette that remained in his grasp, Bella's eyes were wide and a loving smile lay across her pale face. Such nostalgia came from those five words, so many memories with the young girl.

"I've missed you too darlin', now. Who's the famous boyfriend I've heard so much 'bout." His tone was teasing clearly trying to get a rise out of the girl. Red eyes held a glint of mischief being accompanied by small smirk, just further validating his attitude towards her.

"Who told you Eli, I'm begging you please do not kill him." The sentence came out almost as a whine whilst Bella dragged a hand through her long hair, blood rushing to her cheeks at the mention of her boyfriend.

Elijah let go of Bella bringing one hand to his chin stroking an imaginary beard his other hand resting bellow his elbow, the soft fabric of his sweater kept Elijah's thoughts off fresh blood that flowed through each human. A low hum sounded from the back of the southerners throat whilst he maintained eye contact with the girl, a pleading look crossed her face whilst she looked at the red eyed vampire.

Finally breaking character a grin lit up Elijah's features as he spoke. "I'll think about it doll, but be warned there's no guarantee."