Chapter 11

Dawn was quickly approaching. It had taken Narcissa a couple months to get used to the new solar and lunar pattern. It was only 5:32am and yet the sky was unfolding and blossoming in bursts of magenta, amber and bumble bee yellow. There was no point fighting it so she crossed over to the window and opened the ivory curtains, the sun rays sparkling on her skins surface. Watching the sunrise had become a morning ritual for her, so had walks in the morning. Habits kept her sane. She left the house at 7:30am, deciding to spend that swelteringly hot day on the beach. The weather wasn't unusual for the region, especially in June but it was significantly different to the damp and depressing Wiltshire weather. She locked the old wooden door frame, sealing the contents which were a lot grander in size and wealth than the exterior let on. Like most wizarding houses in densely populated muggle areas, it had been charmed to have a large interior compared to its cardboard box size exterior.

The beach was anything but deserted. Like all beaches this time of year it was full of desperate romantics who were trying to fit in their honeymoon before the kids broke up from school but nevertheless, Narcissa found herself a little secluded area that was sheltered by a solitary palm tree. The day was passed by watching the waves crashing against grey eroded rocks and sea air tickling the back of her neck. Narcissa hadn't even noticed that it was almost 4:30pm. She had dinner reservations with Jemima tonight so she picked up her beach towel and bag before dissapparating.

*

Back at the villa, guilt suddenly came flashing back through her bloodstream , nothing could stop it. Narcissa had tried to put tomorrow out of her mind, she had for the past 19 years. But looking back upon family photos, memories she had made here past and present. She couldn't let it get to her, , if she did then he would have won again and he wasn't worth it.

So she turned her preoccupied mind to the situation in hand: what to wear ?

It was between 3 dresses. The first was a pearl white and was floor length with a train of cotton topped from hem to neckline with cedar wood buttons, mimicking her favourite button down blouse. The second was the complete opposite. It breathed fire and power unlike its sisters angelic beauty. It was a red maxi dress, bodycon with a square neckline and mermaid ruffles at the end of the skirt.

But something about the third and final dress screamed perfection. Unlike the others, it was patterned yet simple with white and yellow daisies blossoming on the cotton material. It had kimono style sleeves and trailed to her ankles. The decision was hard, it took Narcissa back to a time where every part of herself had to be perfect or else she was no more than an embarrassment to Lucius and his family's name. Closing her eyes, she just focused on the sun or what was left of it that could be seen over the horizon. The sunset was beautiful in Greece, especially compared to England, and watching the sun set to make room for her sister, moon, was Narcissa's favourite part of the day sometimes. Taking time to sourly think allowed Narcissa the chance to let go of all that made her so fruitfully unhappy. She was on,y awoken from her stage of zen and mindfulness by what she had recently learned the other day, the muggles called Fireworks. They twirled and danced in the night sky, dressed in colours of purple, pink, green and orange as they weeded through the houses and cliffs.

It was already 6:15pm and she was supposed to be meeting Jemima in the old town in 15 minutes. Narcissa grabbed the daisy patterned garment as she summoned her wand (wandless magic and non-verbal magic were some of special skills) to curl her hair. He platinum curls laid perfectly around her face, gracefully falling to the arch of her back. Slamming the door behind her, Narcissa decided to walk to the restaurant allowing herself to be alone once again. Her mind was a state of peacefully tranquillity.

"I'm so sorry I am not late, time really flies in this place. Have you ordered anything yet ?" Narcissa said taking a seat outside next to her best friend.