Twelve

I got up and Veronica walked in fully dressed.

"I was supposed to be in work." I said jumping up and running to my bag.

"You're not working today. You're staying here and not doing anything." Veronica said.

"You and I both know. I don't know how to do nothing." I said putting jeans on and a t-shirt.

" I said putting jeans on and a t-shirt

"Well get used to it." Veronica said.

"I'm doing paperwork. I don't think I can do much more damage." I said.

"Catch up on your school work or something." Veronica said.

"You've got vixen practice tonight right?" I asked.

"I called Cheryl and told her I couldn't make it because I was looking after you." Veronica said applying lipstick.

"I don't need to be nursed 24/7. I can do things for myself." I said softly.

"I know but I like looking after you. I worry about you getting hurt because I love you so much." Veronica said.

"I know you worry. I'm not gonna get hurt. If I am in pain I will tell you." I said.

"If you stay home and don't do anything today or tomorrow you can go back to work Thursday." Veronica said.

"Okay." I said.

"Let's go get breakfast." Veronica said. We walked downstairs and sat down. Archie came in with Jughead and Kylie.

"Morning." Hermione and Fred said walking in.

"Morning." We said.

"How are you feeling Kenzie?" Hermione asked.

"I'm good." I said.

"Kenzie isn't working today or tomorrow." Veronica said.

"Are you scared she's going to be attacked by a stack of paper?" Kylie asked. I laughed and Veronica gave me that look to shut up.

"I don't feel pain like hardly ever." I said to Veronica.

"I don't care you're staying here." Veronica said.

"Okay." I said as Fred put a piece of toast in front of each of us.

"Are you not gonna argue with me?" Veronica asked.

"Nope. I never win anyways." I said eating my toast.

"Mark it in your calendar everybody. The day Mackenzie Storm Topaz doesn't argue with someone." Jughead smirked.

"It's historic." Archie said.

"Watch it beanie boy. Ginger ninja I didn't realise you had historic in your vocabulary." I smirked.

"Grow up." Veronica said.

"Look at who your talking to before you ask me to grow up." I said.

"Good point." Veronica said smiling at me.