94. Order in the court

An-An old enemy comes back into Peter's life, one Steven 'Skip' Wescott

TW-Graphic mentions of sexual assault, rape (warning I cried while writing this)

-----------------

"Care to explain what you're doing in my tower officers?" Tony asked, the team were gathered around him, Peter was standing next to Tony.

"We are looking for one Peter Parker-Stark?" The female officer said gently, Peter raised a hand.

"That's me." He said shakily, out of his suit he'd never interacted with the police before.

"We need you to come down to the station hun, you're involved in a high-class case." She said, looking him in the eyes.

"Is Peter in trouble?" Pepper asked worriedly, she didn't think of Peter as the type of kid to get in trouble.

"No ma'am, we've come across some disturbing evidence that involves Peter." She said, the other officer was cringing hard.

"Can you tell us what it is?" Tony asked.

"I'm afraid not sir, we can't discuss it with anyone other than Peter." She said regretfully, Tony nodded, stepping back.

"Son, are you familiar with the name Steven Wescott?" The other officer said, Peter's breathe was caught in his throat, tears gathering in the corners of his eyes. He nodded mutely.

"Son, I'm sorry but I need a verbal confirmation." He said regretfully.

"Yes, I know him." Peter croaked, Pepper and Tony exchanged worried and confused glances.

"Is it alright if we ask you a few questions and show you some things? We can stay here if you'd like, I have everything we need here." The lady said, Peter looked toward Tony, who nodded.

"I'd like to stay here," Peter said quietly.

-----------------------------

When the three came out of his bedroom Peter was wiping his nose frantically, tears streaming down his face, his whole body shaking. Tony rushed forward worriedly.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" Tony asked, Peter shook his head.

"I'm not ok, but I will be. I just need a hug." Peter said shakily, refusing to meet Tony's eyes. Tony hummed as he wrapped his arms around Peter's shoulders. Peter was only just taller than him, he'd hit a growth spurt when he turned eighteen and shot up. He was nineteen now, but he was still oddly childlike. One Peter and Tony separated themselves the two officers addressed Tony and Pepper.

"Peter has asked us not to reveal why, but he is being called to a court hearing in three weeks time. Peter will need a lawyer, we will give them everything they need to proceed with the case. I would like to clarify that Peter is in no way at fault, nor is he at risk of imprisonment." The woman officer.

"Why can't we know whats going on?" Pepper asked.

"Peter is an adult in the eyes of the law, he can choose whether or not he wants his part in the case to be confidential. He has chosen that until the day of the trial to remain anonymous, and we are legally bound to this request and cannot share the nature of this case with anyone but his representative or him." The second said, Pepper and Tony nodded.

"Is that all?" Tony asked, his arm around Peter's shoulder.

"Yes, we will say in contact with Peter via phone. Have a wonderful rest of your day." He said, his partner followed him into the elevator. Peter looked up at the team finally.