Part V of Newty

Your heart stops. Obviously, the only thing that could cause a sound like that is a person, a person close by. Close enough to see you and Newt. With the possibility of being caught flying around in your head you begin to panic.

"What was that?" you ask in a hushed tone. You look away from the forest surrounding you to see Newts expression, but you wished you hadn't. He looked petrified, terror in his eyes. He saw something.

"Newt", you speak urgently. "What did you see? Who did you see?"

You and Newt were still intertwined in each other's arms, but he drops his hands so that they lay at his sides. He takes a step away from you beginning to pace. You hear him mumbling something you can't make out, so you take a step closer.

"Oh no. Oh my god. What are we gunna do. Freaking shank has probably already ratted us out. I'll kill him. Freaking shank. I'll push him into the maze and leave him there. Freaking shankin' piece of klunk", he says almost as sad and furious as when you told him you were leaving him.

"Newt what are you talking about? Who saw us?" You ask feeling almost as much confusion as you did on your first day in the Glade. Newt doesn't answer he just continues to pace. You step in front of him trying to get him to stop but he just walks around you.

You feel anger burning inside. Does he not understand that this is just as important to him as it is to you? Does he not understand that you could be banished too?

Completely done with Newts pacing and silence you step in front of him once more, but this time when he tries to walk away you grab him by the collar and say, "Your gunna tell who you saw and your gunna tell me now!" At first he's taken by surprise. He'd never heard you be to authoritative. But his face quickly forms into a frown like he's about to fall to the ground crying. This look made you let go of this shirt. Once he was up straight he hugged you tight in his arms. You felt some tear drops fall in your hair, he squeezed you tight for a while until you heard ruffling and branches snapping heading towards you. You looked up into his dark eyes again but this time they weren't full of fear, they were full of love and pride and courage.

"I love you, (y/n), so much. Just remember that for me. Just remember how much I love you. And that whatever happens, it isn't your fault. I'm happy we happened. I wouldn't trade us for the world", he says tenderly kissing you.

You were about to reply when Alby, Minho, Thomas, Chuck, Gally and a few other Gladers enter you and Newts- not so secret- hiding spot. You could also see the rope in Alby's hands. The truth of the situation finally dawns on you and you feel your heart drop. "No", you say under your breath. Alby edges closer. "NO!" you scream at the top of your lungs. You step in front of Newt trying to back him away from Alby. "No! Alby please, you can't do this. Alby please stop. Alby no!" you scream at him but he doesn't stop. But he does nods towards Thomas and Minho. They come walking up to you without looking into your eyes that are now streaming tears. Minho walks to Newt and restrains his arms. You try to fight your way towards him but Thomas has you tightly bond in his arms.

"Thomas! Minho! How can you be doing this?! You know what's going to happen to him! He's your friend! He's all of our friends!" you say turning back to the other Gladers. None of them would meet your tear filled eyes.

"I'm sorry", you hear Thomas whisper into your ear.

"I DONT WANT YOUR SORRY THOMAS! YOU'RE DOING THIS! YOU'RE HELPING WITH THE BANISHMENT OF ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS! ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO ACCEPT YOU IN THIS SHUNKIN PLACE! AND YOUR HELPING HAVING HIM MURDERED!" you scream back at Thomas, at all of the Gladers really. How dare he apologize when he's doing this!

Minho has the rope tightly around Newts hands. Alby looks at, him straight into those wonderful dark eyes that you're not sure you'll ever see again. You make one last attempt to let them let Newt go.

"Alby please. Take me. It's all my fault. I did this. Banish me. I don't care, just let Newt go. This isn't his fault. This isn't his fault". You repeat the last line over and over and over. But it does no good. Alby turns to the rest of the Gladers with a stern look.

"Newt has broken on of our rules", he says with his booming voice. "We were alerted of this and we have to put a stop to it. There is no special treatment. You break a rule-". His voice falters at this point. "You get banished", he finishes as he strides out of the clearing. "He will be released tomorrow at sundown. Put him in the slammer".

"NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO!" you repeat. You look up blinking the tears out if your eyes. You have to see his eyes, if even for a second. You have to see them thankfully you do. You stare into this eyes for maybe a half of a second. But you get his message. He's saying to you that it's all okay. That you'll be fine. That he's not sorry for loving you. And that he loves you so much. So very much.

Minutes later after Newt has been dragged out of your clearing you sit down on the ground crying silent tears with Thomas' arms still tight around you. You try to stop crying but you can't. You don't know if you ever will be able to. With Thomas' arms around you it makes you think of when the others were coming. How tightly he held you. Thinking of that makes you cry even harder. Eventually Minho comes to tell Thomas that he can let you go now. That Newt has been put in the slammer. Thomas stands up and you can feel him and Minho about to touch you. You assume they just want to console you.

"Don't", is all you say and they get the message. You look up at the sky. It's still night time. You sit in to middle of your clearing. Just staring at the sky with the last words Newt had said to you ringing in your head. 'I wouldn't trade us for the world'. As the sky darkens you realize something. You hadn't said it back. Newt said how much he loved you, and you hadn't said it back. This realization tore you apart completely. Never to recover.

You sat in that spot for hours. Replaying him leaving over again in your head. The image and sounds wouldn't leave, and you didn't want them to. You wanted that memory to stay with you forever. Because if they stayed with you, they would stay with everybody else. You never want them to forget the sound of your screams as they dragged your love away. You wanted it to haunt their dreams.

Chuck had tried to bring you some food but you sat not eating and unfeeling. You weren't even sure you were still breathing. Staring up at the night sky you knew what you had to do. You knew you couldn't have him leave with that as a goodbye. You had to see him, even if it got you killed.

  IM SORRY!!! Hey @Lady_of_ Erudite you wanted an update
I KNOW IM WORSE THEN THE DEVIL! I will admit I teared up writing this one. And I again have to apologize ( so much apologies) for taking so long! It's just that I've had finals and I refused to write til they were over. And now they are so like expect chapters actually chapter cuz the next one will probably be the last for this story. Welp anyway! Tell me what you thought of it! And give me some requests for other stories!  (I can do other fandoms) Okay bye!!!