Chapter 12: Reception

*skip to reception*

*still Chelsea's pov*

Wow. I've done it. I'm officially a married woman. I've wanted to know the feeling for a very long time. Practically since I was little and I watched my two older sisters get married. Harry had his arm around my waist almost the entire time during the reception. He didn't really want to leave my side, especially since the fire so many months ago. A couple times, I felt pairs of eyes on me. I looked around and caught a couple guys staring me down. They were John Hamilton, my former crush from high school days, and Scotty McCreery, the American Idol Season 10 winner turned country singer that was my favorite, even though I didn't watch him during his American Idol days. John and Scotty seemed to have a hint of something in their eyes. Just as I turned to look at them individually, they looked away as soon as I looked at them separately. My guess was jealousy. I then wondered if they maybe had something to do with the fire that destroyed mine and Harry's home. I decided to wait until me and Harry were alone so we could talk about what I saw privately.

💍💎💍💎💍💎💍💎💍💎💍💎💍💎

"Alright, ladies and gents, the moment has come. If the bride and groom could come to the dance floor!" the DJ announced. Harry and I smiled as we made our way to the dance floor. Harry and I got to the center and faced each other with big smiles on our faces.
"They're gonna dance to a sweet song from Shania Twain. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Styles!" the DJ said. Then, the first notes of 'You're Still The One' started playing and Harry and I started to share our first slow dance as husband and wife. We held each other close (imagine the first dance like the picture) and kept our cheeks against each other. I felt his breath on my ear and then I realized that Harry was softly singing along to the song. I giggled as he let out a soft chuckle and he pulled me closer to him, if that was even possible.
"I must be one of the luckiest women in the world." I whispered.
"Chelsea, baby, I'm the lucky one. When I first saw you at the souvenir stand speaking with my mum and Gemma, I had to think fast if I had any chance at all in snagging you. I thought I'd dress up as a 40-some-year-old and try to impress you, but we both know how that went."
I laughed silently as I remembered the day Harry and I met. He continued,
"No matter what it took, no matter how much of my career was at stake, I did it all for you. You mean so much to me and I would do anything in the world for you. I love you."
I smiled back as I whispered,
"That was sweet. I love you, too."
We then shared another kiss as the song ended and the DJ introduced the wedding party and our parents onto the dance floor. Once the wedding party was on the dance floor with their respective dates, Dolly Parton's voice along with Vince Gill's voice, rang through the speakers with their rendition of 'I Will Always Love You'. All throughout the song, I glanced at everyone dancing with their dates as well as our parents dancing with each other. I smiled as I watched my dad dance with my mom and I could feel Harry smile as he watched Robin twirl Anne around on the dance floor along with Des and his lady friend.

*little while later*

Everybody was having a good time dancing to the music and socializing with everybody else. Then, the song 'Kiss On My List' by Hall & Oates came on. Harry looked at me funny as it came on. I looked at him and said,
"What?"
"Hall & Oates? Really?"
"It's the only song from them I actually know."
He laughed as well as me as he took my hand and led me out to the dance floor.

My friends wonder why
I call you all the time
What can I say?

I don't feel the need
To give such secrets away

You think maybe I need help
No, I know I'm right
Alright

I'm just better off
Not listening to friends' advice