Subchapter 2: More of you to love.

(Thank you MazziYazzi for all the ideas, check them out, they have a good fanfic.)

For the past few weeks, Redd has been noticing something off about Nook. First off, every morning he stares himself down at the mirror, always grabbing flabby parts on his body, observing them, and frowning, and every time he asks about it, he plays it off as if nothing happened. Second, he keeps forcing himself into diets, sure he gets a few work outs in here and there but with all the work he has to do he barely even has any time to do so, his solution? Eat healthy garbage and him being sad that he doesn't enjoy said healthy garbage. In addition to that, he tried fasting at some point, Redd felt his heart crumble to pieces when he saw the sadness in Nooks eyes when he caved in and ate that slice of cake Potato made. Third, the reoccurring question of, "am I too fat?" to which Redd always responds with, "No way!" to which Nook smiles at him, but Redd knows very well it's fake. Today, he decides to confront him about it.

Redd wakes up, finding Nook not at his side on the bed. He looks over and catches a glimpse of the bathroom, Nook shirtless, staring at his flaws again. Redd sneaks over to Nook and hugs him from behind,

"Sup sexy."

"Morning Redd." Nook says, nonchalantly.

Redd instantly tells that Nook is sad, and he's trying to fake it again.

"What's up? Too hot that you can't stop starin' at yourself in the mirror?"

"... I guess you could say that."

"..."

"..."

"Damn, I can't stop staring either."

"Heh heh heh... smooth as ever Redd."

"And you're as beautiful as the day I met you!"

"... Do you... mean it?"

"Heck yeah I do!"

"N-no not that. That... i'm not fat."

"... Nook. I don't care."

"Wh-What?"

"What I mean is, I don't care what you are, if you're fat, skinny, whatever! I know who I fell in love with! And if you even believe for a moment that i'd dump you just because of your looks, i'll love you twice as hard as I have been!"

"But... i'm chubby though."

"Nookie!" Redd squishes his cheeks and looks into his eyes, "Listen up! You are my boyfriend! Get me? You wouldn't be without a good reason! This right here," Redd squishes his tummy, "is a mighty fine one if I say so myself!"

"But I take up too much space, I eat a lot... i'm gross-"

Redd cuts him off by kissing him in the lips.

"You're making them up! You're only looking at non-existent down sides, and ignoring all the benefits!"

"Like what?"

"Dude, you're a freaking teddy bear, if I had the option I would cuddle you all day. And I wasn't kidding about the sexy part, you look hotter than a supernova. Finally, your butt is glorious, of all the butts i've seen in my life, they all pale in comparison to yours. If it were a religion, i'd be the prophet."

"... Mmh." Nook gives a genuine smile.

"And another thing: I love you so damn much, I can't stress this enough. And and when I see you being sad because of your own body, it makes me feel like a failure of a boyfriend. Not only because you feel this way, but because you hide it. I wanna know when you're feeling down, and I wanna be with you when you're feeling that way. Don't leave me outta the loop, Kay'?"

Nook sniffles tearing up a little from how touched he is, "Kay'."

"Now come back to the bed and let's cuddle s'more, i'm still sleepy."

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it, i'd do it a thousand times over if that's what it takes."