part nine

09; lips are sealed

McKenna

THE BLONDE beauty leaned back in her very uncomfortable chair in the back of the classroom, her blue eyes were droopy and slightly puffy from previous events, her hands held a pen which she tapped continuously. Her mind was black as she watched Cheryl present a presentation on Pickens Day, she lost interest as soon as the red-haired girl started talking. The blonde jumps at the sound of the teacher's voice and a sudden warm feeling on her hand.

"Mr Jones, eyes to the front," The teacher said, McKenna looks down at her hand which held the pen and saw Sweetpeas hand on hers. He smirked and shook his head whilst he pulled the pen from her hand.

The blonde chuckled to herself as she looked back to the front of the room. "As I was saying, each year we honor the memory of the great General Pickens. Yet only a few know the truth. That is was my great great great grand-pappy, Colonel Barnabas B. Blossom, who bankrolled General Pickens settlement of an Eden along the river of Sweet water, where maple trees have grown taller than the steeples of Europe's greatest cathedrals, which is why every year I petition the mayor's office to change the name of the holiday" The red-haired rambled on and was thankfully interrupted by the bell.

Sweetpea leaned back and huffed and silently thanked god for saving him. McKenna giggle and stood up before grabbing her bag.

"Slow down princess" Sweetpea said as he stood up beside her.

"Hey I never asked but how is the whole Basketball thin going for you" McKenna asked as the coupled walked out of the then empty class. Sweetpea threw his arm around the small blonde and smirked.

"Good yeah I'm kicking Reggie's ass" The serpent chuckled and the blonde giggled.

"You going to the Pickens day festival?" McKenna asked, the serpent shook his head.

"I have to do something important first, Ill see you there. There's fangs, I gotta tell him something. I'll see you at lunch, I love you" Sweetpea rambled before kissing the girl and running away to see his friends. McKenna stopped walking and tried to gather her through. He just told her that he loved her. Why is he being so suspicious?

Pickens Festival

The small blonde stood next to one of her good friends Kevin searching for her boyfriend. Kevin noticed her wondering eyes and smiled.

"Stop being so concerned Ken, he will be here. Look Veronica is going to perform" Kevin linked arms with the girl and drew her attention Fred Andrews who was on the small stage.

"On behalf of the Lodge Industries and Andrews Construction, we are thrilled to kick things off with a new twist on an old favorite. So, Veronica and the pussycats." Fred said before leaving Veronica and the pussycats on the stage alone.

Whilst the girls on stage were singing a huge crowed came thought the festival, the blonde immediately recognized the people as serpents. She felt a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach and started to search the faces for Sweetpea.

She found him behind Toni with a large piece of duct tape on his mouth and a sigh that read Honor this and writing on it. The blonde tried to run the tall serpent but was held back by Kevin.

"Kev, let me go" She growled at the brunette boy. He let go of her slim arm and let her sprint towards Sweetpea, when she got to him she just stared at him before taking his hand, she was by his side as they continued to walk. In the crowd she could see her sister and her 'mother' but she didn't look at them only forwards, she would stand by Sweetpea at any minute. Toni held up a megaphone and started talking, whilst she spoke Sweetpea looked down at the small blonde with thankful eyes.

"We are here to honor the dead and the silenced. Pickens day is a lie. General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, my grandfather's family. And this land, the land we are standing on, the land that will soon give way to a new southside, was stolen from them. And we can't bring them back, but we can and we must honor them" Toni said with such passion. McKenna's baby blue eyes followed the great Hiram Lodge through the crowd as he started to speak into the microphone.

"Hi Folks. I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale where young people stand up for justice. Where a young woman can defend the honor of her Grandfather and where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale." Hiram rambles, The crowd claps and cheers whist Sweetpea storms off.

"Pea, wait" McKena yells and tried to run off to him but is pulled back by someone, she turned around and expected it to be Toni or Fangs but it was Genevieve.

"Let go" McKenna grew angry within seconds, she ripped her arm from her sisters grip.

"Kenna please just listen to me"

"I don't want to, I have more important thing to worry about right now" The blonde growls and runs off to find the angry serpent.

McKenna serched through the parking lot only to find her boyfriends bike missing, she sighed and began fiddling with her phone, dialing his number quickly. 

"Come on," she muttered to herself, her heart speed up with ever dial tone, but she was only greeted with silence, "Dammit."