PART 4

My trembling hands picked up the picture and I stared at it. My dad and Rose Hallow - how was that possible? What about mom?

A low chuckle sounded from behind and I looked up at the mirror- I wish I hadn't.

Standing behind me was a woman. You could tell she was a woman only by her long hair that fell like curtains. Other than that she looked horrifying. Her face was misshapen and a sickly shade of white. She wore a white dress which was covered in blood. Her mouth was open as if she was silently screaming. But the scariest part were her eyes.

She did not have any.

They were just empty sockets. But they seemed to be looking straight at me. I whipped my head and looked at the mirror again. She was still there.

Suddenly, I flew backwards and slammed against the walls. I groaned and tried to get up. A claw like hand lifted me up by the neck. I struggled and kicked, my hands clawing at my neck.

I was not able to breath and as suddenly as she had held me, she let me go. I lay there, breathing heavily. Sobs sounded from my mouth, even though no tears fell. I was scared, and I did not want to die.

I scrambled to my feet and started running. My legs felt like jelly and my mind was blank.

Get out of this house before it is too late.

As I started down the staircase something tripped me and I fell, my elbows grazing the edges roughly. Pain shot through my arm and as I struggled to stand up, a force slammed into me and did not let me get up.

I looked up to find that misshapen face staring down at me holding a knife. I tried to scream but no sound came out.

After I kill you, I will be at peace, finally - Rose whispered.

"M-m-my dad? How?" I grunted.

"Your father...he was a good man" she sighed and then her face twisted to anger, "but he should not have left me alone that night. No, those pigs took everything and killed me on the spot."

I was confused. "What?', I managed to choke out. I cleared my throat. "How was my dad related to you. What is going on?", I screamed, my mind swirling with all the unanswered questions.

She sighed again and began tracing my cheek with the knife. I tried to move, but I was stuck. "Wyatt and I were in a relationship. We knew that some people wanted my riches and would do anything for it. But Wyatt assured me that he would keep me safe. That they would not hurt me.

One night, we had an argument and he left abruptly in a fit of anger. That was the night those men came. Those men hanging outside-I killed them. They took my money, killed me and made it look like suicide."

At the last part her hands shook, applying more pressure and drew out blood. She looked furious, her curtain of hair swaying.

Her eyes, empty stared into me, a deep swollen wound on her neck indicating the rope mark.

"But why kill me?", I whispered.

"He left me! He left me to die" she cried in anguish. "Then later he married that woman and had you. And as he is gone-" her voice turned deadly "-you are next".

Her nails dug into my arm provoking a yell from me. My eyes teared up.

This is it, I thought, I am going to die.

I held my breath as the knife pierced my arm and dragged its way through my skin, drawing blood. The House was devoid of light, the sun had faded, and a dark, deep blue was taking it's place.

I closed my eyes. Think, Emma, think.

Suddenly, all the pieces clicked together. The answer had been in front of me the whole time. My eyes snapped open, of course.

"Wait!!" I cried out. "I need to tell you something". I realized that Rose had already began tying a rope around my neck and I struggled. "Please", she stopped and looked at me.

I swallowed hard, "My dad- he loved you. I know that now. But just because he left that night does not mean that he did not care". I fumbled around, my numb hands stretching into my back pocket and took out the paper.

"Me and my mom had not known what it meant, but now I do. This was written by him to you". I showed her the paper and her withered hands took it and examined it.

Tell her I am sorry.

Those were the five words that was written by my father. It couldn't be a coincidence right?

I could not tell what she was feeling, but it was something strong because she flickered in and out.

Suddenly she screamed, a piercing shriek so loud that my ears hurt. Her hands were trembling, her hair was wet at the ends and I realized she was crying.

"He wanted to tell you sorry, but it was too late".

Rose looked at me. She was flickering quickly now and I could barely see her clearly. She fisted the paper and her other hand reached out and touched my face. "Maybe, he really was sorry", she murmured.

I managed a jerky nod.

"Thank you... I might finally be able to rest now". Her words felt like the wind was whispering.

And with that she faded away. Her last words still lingering in the air.

Everything was hazy. I felt that tingling again and suddenly I was lying before the front gates.

Somebody will notice me.

I laid there, my body hurting, my lungs burning. Darkness seeped through the edges of my vision and everything went black.

-- The End--

So guys... how did u like this story?

Comments are always appreciated. ( And so are votes and reads) ;)

Where should I improve my writing? Please suggest :)