Chapter Thirteen

"Harry!" I called out from the bathroom, working on trying to get my hair into a ponytail. It didn't seem to be working very well, but it looked horrible and I was going to a job interview, so I needed to look some-what presentable. 

It was a minute before he was at the door, and I blushed when he turned his eyes on me, propping his shoulder against the jamb. He was clad in a pair of tight black jeans and a blue t-shirt, and he crossed his arms over his shoulders as he watched me in the mirror. 

"I need to borrow your car." I said softly, because I was pretty sure he was going to have a fit about it. 

It had been two days since the 'confession', as I liked to call it, and I was constantly surprised at the freedom it brought. More often than not, Harry was making me blush just by pressing against me while I made lunch, and I'd come to find that he liked kissing me and he smelled like expensive cologne and strawberries. 

I heard him snort, "Good one, Love." The edges of my lips smirked at the nickname; it's what he referred to me as mostly. I wasn't complaining, even if it made my heart beat out of my chest. 

"I'm serious, Harry. You've got that call and I've got the interview at the cafe, and I need it. Please?" I asked, turning my head to look at him over my shoulder. I tried to put on the doe-eyes, and it must have worked, because he narrowed his. 

"Don't give me those eyes, like I'll say yes. It's a Range Rover." He stressed, and I rolled my eyes before turning back and combing back my hair with my fingers once again. 

"I need it, Harry. It'll only be for an hour or so." I told him, securing my hair with an elastic band I scrambled for on the counter. I was just messing with it to perfect it when he was moving swiftly into my space, chest pressing up against my back and hands bracketing my hips on the counter space. 

He ducked his head close to my ear, making me shiver. He knew exactly what he was doing, and the smirk on his face proved my point exactly. "What do you need, again?" 

I'd discovered Harry was playful. I hadn't been expecting it, but he was constantly making comments or touching me in a way to make me blush, being very forward, or searching for a way to make me laugh or having his hands on my sides, skittering up and down until I was a pile of giggles on the couch. He wasn't like that with anyone else; in fact, he was the polar opposite. That only made it more surprising. 

"Harry," I complained, shoving him off of me with my elbows to his hard stomach. I didn't do it hard enough to do damage, so he laughed as he took a step back and I scrunched my fingers through the ponytail. 

"I still don't want you to drive it. How about I take you and I'll have the call while I wait?" He bargained, speaking like he'd already won. I glared in the mirror at him, but he was just staring at me like nothing was wrong. 

He was even more overprotective now, and it was very agitating. "Harry, please. Nothing will happen to your precious car. I just need it to go get this job." I said, turning around to face him instead of looking at him in the mirror. 

"Why can't Eleanor just pick you up?" He said lowly, and I frowned up at him. He was close enough that I could see the specks of blue in his eyes, the stubble from where he hadn't shaved. 

"Because she's working, Harry! What do you think's gonna happen?" I said softly, stepping forward and tentatively placing my hands on his sides over the cotton of his t-shirt. 

His arms came uncrossed almost immediately, and he stepped closer so my back was against the edge of the counter top and his hands were placed on the cool white marble behind me, boxing me in. He leaned down so his nose nudged with mine, but he didn't kiss me.