Part 2

Ianto had patched up well. The only reminders that he was attacked were the fading bruises around his eye and dotted along his jawline. His jaw ached. His concussion had been cleared by Owen.

Jack was happy about that. He hated seeing his team hurt. And it meant Ianto was back on his feet, doing the work he enjoyed without cause for concern. Although Jack was always concerned about Ianto. He'd spent the time looking after Ianto, making sure he wasn't in pain, holding ice to his bruises, and offering lots of kisses at request. He thinks, after a while, the mothering and inactivity had ground at Ianto. He'd become a little irritable, hitting Jack's hand awake when he tried to get up without tumbling back down. But then seeking the captain out not long after, apologising and looking for affection. Jack happily satisfied his requests.

Jack now stood outside a forlorn-looking apartment complex, his coat winding around his legs in the wind. While Ianto had slept or ushered him away, Jack had spent the time searching. Going over and over the CCTV, looking for the face of Ianto's attacker. It had taken a while, with crappy quality footage, but with the help of Tosh, he'd found the man. Kevin Hadley, highly intelligent with a degree in mathematical science. Lives with his girlfriend and has no family and apparently liked to beat up well dressed Welsh men.

It was bright and early, Hadley would be coming home from his night shift (a night guard for some company Jack didn't care for.) His girlfriend would be gone, heading out to an emergency call from her mother in Newport. Jack waited patiently for the busted up Audi to park itself. Watched as the man shuffled from his car before making his strike.

Hadley was slammed roughly against his car door, head bouncing off the metal. Jack pinned him down by his coat, holding back from just beating the guy to a pulp.

"Oi- Wha' the 'ell are you playin at!" He yelled, cockney accent laying on thick.

"I'm here for a little chat." Jack sneered, glaring down at the man. He struggled in Jack's grip, hands trying to tug himself free, only Jack held strong. Anger fulled his strength.

"I ain't never seen you in my life, mate. Lemme go-"

"You're right. You haven't seen me, but you've seen someone I hold dear."

"You've gone mad, you 'ave." He said, still wriggling. "I swear, you go' the wrong bloke."

"No, no I know it was you, Kevin Hadley. Down at the club, though you were saving your girl from another man, remember." Hadley shook his head which just angered Jack more. He knew the man was lying. "Welsh guy, just over six foot, looks good in a suit that you ruined."

Jack saw recognition flash in his eyes before Hadley reached up to push at Jack's shoulders. The captain only stumbled, bringing his captive with him before ramming him back down on the vehicle. Jack loomed over him, faced too close for his comfort but it had the man shaking.

"That bloke, I- I thought he was just touchin' up my girl. 'ad to teach 'im a lesson, yeah?"

Turns out that was the wrong thing to say which Hadley found out the hard way. A fist landed square in his stomach, forcing the breath out of him.

"He wasn't touching up anyone, he was looking for me! He's not kind of guy."

"Well, I'm sorry! I am, I just-" His head snapped back unnatural swift as Jack's knuckle met his face. Blood dribbled out of the crooked nose. Hadley's head also smacked into the metal of his car, leaving him dazed and shaking.

"You ever do that again, to anyone at all, I will come for you, you understand?"

Jack only let him go once he'd received a definite agreement. He watched as the man stumbled to his place as fast as he could. He let out a sigh and shook his hand. The skin had split, blood oozing from it before the wound neatly fixed itself up. Jack grimaced as the red liquid soaked into his coat. Ianto won't be happy. And he'll have questions.

But Jack would leave that conversation for now. He had a, hopefully still asleep, Welshman waiting for him to return.