30. POWER - ✭DENVER✭

I'd tried to get a workout in, probably the stupidest thing I could've done while trying to recover from a gunshot wound. I mean, it's been a couple of weeks, you'd think I'd be fucking healed by now but I guess internal wounds take a bit more healing than that. As if he'd heard the internal thought Luke walks into the room.

He's been drinking more lately. The Bombay and tonic in his hand seems like a constant accessory now. He begins fussing about the room, rolling his eyes at my pile of dirty laundry sitting on the floor in a heap. He's muttering under his breath about having to constantly pick up after me and I really want to tell him to stop acting like my bitch. If I said that though I'm pretty sure he'd just throw attitude in my direction and leave.

I had to try and control my mouth around him, something I'm completely not used to. With Mal I can be completely blunt. I can say whatever the hell is on my mind and most of the time she'll just laugh. Luke though, he couldn't take that part of my personality even if he could take it from Mal. He wasn't comfortable enough with me yet and that fucking sadistic fuck had made it worse.

I never thought Luke would want to be in the same room as me let alone want to kiss me like he did in the hospital. He'd been demoralized by Scott. I remember looking at him, his eyes filled with tears as he'd gotten on his knees in front of me, and feeling something inside of me nearly break.

This man is smart, powerful, and haunted by something he couldn't control. No one can control being sexually attracted to the same sex. I know I sure as hell couldn't, even when I'd tried. Luke likes kink. Luke likes both sexes even if he doesn't want to admit that to himself. It's why he's so attracted to Mal.

Mal brings the best of both worlds. She's completely comfortable being her dominant self. She doesn't ever feel the need to play the docile kitten like most men prefer their women being. It doesn't make me feel like any less of a man because I don't have a woman who completely submits to me. Yes, I've preferred it in the past but I much prefer Mal's breed of sexuality. She's everything combined into one. I love it and I love her.

"Denver?" Luke's voice brings me out of my thought process.

"Yeah?"

"I asked how you were feeling." I shrug my shoulders in response. "What does," he shrugs, "even mean? You were shot."

"I'm alright, just fucking horny as hell." The last part slipped from my mouth. "Maybe you could help with that?" He looks annoyed but I see through that front. "Come on, help a guy out."

"You're out of your mind." He sips his drink. "Plus, you can't be being that type of physically active. You're hurt."

"Who said I have to be the one doing anything?" Luke's eyes go completely wide at the insinuation. "You know, instead of a gin and tonic, you can have something else in your mouth." I grab myself through my shorts. Just the thought of his mouth working on me, knowing I'd be the first to ever fuck that cock-virgin mouth, is insanely delicious to think about.

"You know, I know you're blunt but there's no need to traumatize me even more." Those watery eyes kneeled before me play in my head. Then that look of complete horror when I'd been shot also play in my head.

"Luke, are you okay?" I genuinely mean it no matter how sarcastic he probably thinks I'm being.

"Am I okay enough to deep throat your dick?" He asks incredulously. "You're absurd."

"I didn't say you had to deep throat it." His lips flatten into a straight line. "Come on, Luke. Come here." I gesture for him to come over. When he doesn't I give him a firmer tone. "Here. Now." I point to the spot next to me on the bed.