Part 16

Slowly I woke up with a pounding head. I tried to lift my hands to my head only to discover they were tied together. My feet were also bound, and a blindfold covered my eyes. What the hell was going on? Through the dull throb, my thoughts began to organize themselves, and I remembered what had happened.

     That white hair guy wouldn't let me leave the elevator. He cornered me, forcing a cloth over my nose and mouth. I tried to fight, but must have lost consciousness. Damn it. If I was right, the man who had kidnapped me was the hacker. What were his plans for me? A dozen different ideas entered my mind, and I hated them all. Kidnappings rarely ended on a positive note.

     "So my little toy is awake," I was unsure if this was the hacker, but I could tell he was standing over me. "The savior said you were mine to play with until your initiation. Maybe even after that. She didn't like that I took you this early, but it was the perfect chance. Now it's time for my toy and me to play."

     I was unsure what he was talking about, but I knew I couldn't fight him. Tied like I was, I couldn't stop him even if I wanted to.

     "Come on, toy," he said. "Time for you to get out of bed."

     "I might need some help," I answered.

     "Toys don't speak," he sneered. I could feel a hand touch my neck. I fought back a shiver. His hand traveled to the back of my head where he grabbed a fist hold of my hair. He pulled me out of the bed and onto my feet by it. I fought back a cry, but tears welled up in my eyes. "As my toy, you obey me. Looks like you earned yourself your first punishment."

     Blindfolded and tied, I was dragged by my hair. More than once, I almost fell, but he caught me, chuckling each time. After what seemed like ages, but really was only a couple minutes, he told me to stand nice and straight. His hand still clenched my hair.

     "I have work to do, so you will stand here. No movement at all. Every time I see you move, it means a new punishment.

     Standing straight and still didn't sound like a bad thing at first. Being blindfolded, all I could do was rely on my hearing and sense of smell. The air was stagnant, not musty, but far from fresh. I could hear the whine of computers and the clicks of a keyboard. I was sure he was the one typing. It didn't sound too close to me, maybe ten or so feet away and behind me, maybe a little to my right. I wondered how well he could watch me while he worked.

     The clicking of the keys never seemed to slow. I was almost positive this was the hacker that had lured me to Rika's apartment. From time to time, I heard a door open and close, footsteps coming and going, and whispering. I wondered what they thought of me just standing there, tied and blindfolded. Was this something they were used to? A sudden laugh close to me almost made me jump. It was followed by a chuckle that I was sure was the hacker. I had clearly moved.

     I wondered how long I had stood there. I was hungry, and my body was starting to ache. At first, it was my shoulders, but more and more parts began to hurt. Worse was when a muscle began to twitch. I couldn't control it, and I wondered if he saw.

     I became even more nervous when the clicking stopped. He had talked of punishment for moving, and I had visibly moved a few times, mostly when startled. I fought to keep still but flinched when something touched my check.

     "So jumpy," the hacker laughed. "I've decided you won't be my toy. Instead, you will be my pet. I have something for my pet." Something encircled my neck. I fought to keep my panic down. "It's a nice collar and leash. Perfect for an obedient pet who obeys her Master." I felt a tug at the collar and slowly moved forward. "Good girl. I'll need to find a name for my pet."