Chapter 23

"Welcome back, Sir Nicholas!" I heard as we sat in the Great Hall at dinner. 

"Thank you!" He replied. 

"I wish Hermione was here." I mumbled, pushing my food around. 

"She'll be awake soon, Lena, don't worry." Ron said. 

"Harry! It's Hermione!" I turned to the doors of the Great Hall, and smiled when I saw her standing there. I quickly stood up, and she tackled me in a hug. 

"El!" She cried. 

"Hermione! I missed you so much!" I whispered, and she hugged Harry and shook Ron's hand. 

"Welcome back, Hermione." Ron said, making me laugh. 

"It's good to be back." She gave us a smile. "Congradulations, I can't believe you solved it."

"Well, we had loads of help from you." Harry told her. 

"We couldn't have done it without you." I admitted. 

"Thanks." Professor McGonagall tapped her glass, and the four of us quickly sat down/

"Could I have your attention please?" She called. 

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified." Dumbledore announced, and we all cheered for them. "Also, in light of the recent events, as a school treat. All exams have been cancelled."

"Yes!" I screamed, jumping up, while everyone else just cheered. "Sorry." 

"Sorry I'm late." I turned around to see Hagrid walk into the Great Hall. "The owl that delievered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." 

"Uh oh." I mumbled, and looked over at Ron, who wore an embarrassed expression. The two of us looked over at Professor Dumbledore, who just nodded, and winked at us. 

"And I'd just like to say if it hadn't been for you, Harry, Elena, and Ron, and Hermione of course, I would still be you-know-where. So I'd just like to say thanks." Hagrid said, looking down at us, making me smile. 

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry spoke after standing up, and he hugged him. I turned to see Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall standing up to clap for them. 

"This is going to be weird." I said, but clapped too. Soon, the whole Great Hall, except for the Slytherins, all clapped for Hagrid. "Colin, get a picture!" 

All of the students stood up and crowded around Hagrid, wanting to shake his hand, while the others who were too far, stood on the benches and tables, cheering for him. I looked over at Hermione to see she was crying, and hugged her again, before giving Harry and Ron a hug, too. 

"I can't believe this year is over already." I frowned, as we found an empty compartment. "Milo, I swear, if you swipe at me one more time."

"Me neither." Harry sighed.

"Promise you will right over the summer for real this time, Harry." Hermione said, making us laugh. 

"Yeah, I took care of that." Harry replied. 

"I'm going to miss you, guys." I started to tear up, and Hermione pulled me in a hug. 

"Oh, please! You can visit whenever you want." Hermione assured. 

"That also applies to my house." I looked over at Ron, and he blushed. "O-Only if you want to."