Chapter 1

I wake up and realize that my alarm didn't go off. Great, the perfect way to begin the week of school I get off in October. I live in Philly, home of brotherly love and whatnot. Tonight is a legendary and rare full moon that hasn't been seen in over one hundred years, and my friends and I plan to make the most out of the opportunity.

I spend at least 30 minutes procrastinating over getting out of bed but am eventually convinced that I have too much to do in so little time, so I get up. I go over to my way-to-big closet and grab a black crop top, ripped jeans, a leather jacket, and some chunky leather boots. I hastily get dressed and brush my teeth before heading downstairs to say the occasional "good mornings" to my parents and older sister. Both of my parents work for a big company so they have to travel a lot, and today happens to be one of the limited days they're home.

I grab coffee and a donut then head out the door with my bag and car keys. I drive as I eat, despite my parents requests, to go and pick up my bff, Dahlia, and my other best friend, Ryder. They didn't like each other at first, but as time has passed they seem to be more fond of each other—to fond of each other, if you ask me.

Once I arrive at Dahlias place she's waiting outside in her mom jeans and cropped striped shirt with golden aviators way too big for her small face. She's always had this sort of vintage 80's style going.
"Yo, Eden! Wassup? I've been out here for like 15 minutes. What's that about?!" Dahlia jokingly asks.
"Sorry, Dal, my alarm didn't go off."
"Where have I heard that before...? Oh, wait! You said that last Wednesday when you forgot to pick me up for school!"
"Yeah, yeah. Whatevs. We gotta go now though, unless you wanna be late to the festival because we didn't have time to pick Ryder up and make it there in time!" I say, honesty and suggestion laced in my soft tone.

Dal hops in the passenger seat and reaches for the radio to turn down my Rock playlist. I swat her hand away lightly with a sour face, signaling for her to stop messing with the sound system. I'm very...protective of my music, I guess. I hate talking about emotion so I do it with songs. Big part of my life.

It takes almost 20 minutes to get less than five miles to Ryders house because of traffic. There's hundreds—maybe thousands—of people going to the Moon festival tonight and you can only fit so many people in one deserted parking lot, right?

We finally pull up to Ryders house and Dal rolls her window down. Unlike my girlie sitting with me, Ryder takes his time and thinks the worlds revolves around him, but it fits him. After another 5 or so minutes of waiting he tumbled out of his front door.
"Hey, Ladies! Ready for this weird moon thingy? I can't wait to get drunk and meet a shit ton of hot girls." He's wearing his football jacket for our HS team, the Robins, and regular old jeans. Ryder is the typical smartass jock that all of the girls swoon over during lunch. Eew🙄.(personal experience here)
"Yeah, Goon, yeah." Dal sarcastically responds. Did I forget to mention we came up for the funniest nickname in first grade? Dal couldn't pronounce Ryder for some reason and he was kinda mean and, well, like a goon so the name kinda caught on. Goon hops into the car and we begin the seemingly endless journey across town to the old fairground parking lot.

Hey guys! This is my first time publishing anything at all so please leave feedback and vote!! Thanks, love y'all!♥️