Ch3# Writing Dialogues.

In the previous chapter, I told you how to create your own male characters based on specific genres. I planned to publish "Creating your characters {Random Edition}" in which I would have told you how to create the other important characters which can be found in a play or a novel, like a female protagonist. I plan to publish it afterwards for some chapters later. Right now, I am gonna give you tips on how to write dialogues.

Writing dialogues is often considered as the most difficult part of writing a book, and such it needs to be mastered. Some books don't focus on dialogues at all, which is the main failure of those books. The reason behind this can be the following:

• ill vision.
• Not getting enough ideas.
• Laziness.
• Doubts that the dialogues may not match with the situation.
• ill creativity.

Yes! These are some of the main reasons behind poor and difficult dialogues. To plan writing dialogues, you always have to follow these simple yet resourceful instructions which are listed below:
_____________________________________________
Keep it real.
"Keep it real" is the oldest trick in the book yet the most common and the most effective trick in the book, too. Many people may not understand what "keep it real" means when we are writing dialogues. Well, keeping it real while writing dialogues means that you have to focus on how a person may interact with a real-life individual, and how he/she may speak with that individual.

Like in real life, a person makes several stops, long pauses, short pauses, and may do other things which aren't necessary while talking, such as coughing or sneezing. If we write dialogues by "keeping it real", then they will look more polished and fresh. Many people write off, poor and unrealistic dialogues, for example:
_____________________________________________
"Hey!" My friend Jade said while walking into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and then took out the glass of milk which she put there last night.

"Hey", I called, feeling dull and slum. There were dark circles beneath my eyes, and my hair was extremely wiry and messed up today. I hoped she didn't notice them.

"Is everything all right?" She asked, gulping down the milk. She put the empty glass on the kitchen counter and made her way towards me.

"No. Everything isn't fine. You see, yesterday morning I got suspended from college for arriving late."

"What? Just because you didn't make it, doesn't mean that they will suspend you..."

"I am always late, and they said that this was the final warning for me. I don't know what to do. My girlfriend broke up with me. My mom and dad are crosses with me. My dog, Mutt, had died one week earlier, and now I am suspended", I said, tears welling up in my eyes.
_____________________________________________

Now, you see? These dialogues are so much cilchè, with no long pauses, or short pauses. It feels like the characters are speaking to one another like keyed-up robots, who will speak what they are told to. These dialogues can be remastered in a very simple and easy way, like this:
_____________________________________________
"Got up so early in the morning, eh?" My friend Jade said, walking into the kitchen and making her way towards the fridge. She opened the door by the door handle and grabbed her last-night's glass of milk.

"Yeah... I just couldn't sleep well. Last night's party had caused me to all wire up!" I said, sighing heavily afterwards.

"Maybe it's because you drank too much caffeine. I TOLD you to try a glass of vodka, but you refused as an uncool nerdy person would do..." Jade said in a mocking voice, gulping down her glass of milk. She set an empty glass on the kitchen counter.

There were dark circles beneath my eyes due to lack of sleep, and my hair was all messed up. I sighed heavily - a desperate sigh - when Jade gave me a knowing frown. She walked towards me.