one

the night sky felt darker as dark clouds gloomed over our heads. just when we thought things couldn't get any worse, it started to pour. sangyeon immediately pulled me into shelter.

continuing the conversation we had earlier, sangyeon shrugged and said, "i'm not sure if he would want to see you. he barely talks to me and we live in the same house."

i nodded in agreement. "i know." i mumbled softly before looking back into his eyes again. "but i need to talk to him. at least, i need to try."

sangyeon stayed quiet and stood still with his head hung low. uneasiness was shown on his face.

i took a deep breath and exhaled before making my final appeal. "i know how much he means to you, sangyeon. he's your brother. you're both related by blood. and i'm just... an outsider.

"but i need to see him. even if it's for the last time. please, let me just talk to him."

the rain started to fade slowly and the road was moonlit. sangyeon sighed and walked to his car without looking back at me even once.

"sangyeon, plea-"

"get in." he said. "i'll take you to him."

my pupils dilated. i hurriedly entered the car after he did. the drive was so quiet, it was almost sickening. neither of us said anything. i just felt thankful that sangyeon would finally let me see him.

i reached the brothers' house and got in after sangyeon opened the door. we made our way up the stairs and towards the very end of the hall, where juyeon's room was located.

we were both finally standing in front of juyeon's room. i had my hands behind my back to hide the nervousness that was enveloping me. my legs, though, couldn't stop shaking.

sangyeon lightly knocked on the door. "juyeon?" he called. "haneul's here."

there was no answer from the other side. still, i kept waiting. i didn't almost get on my knees before sangyeon to just head home without talking to him.

sangyeon grabbed my wrist. "i think he's asleep. you should really g-"

"come in." juyeon said, faintly. "haneul." he continued.

i looked at sangyeon and forced a nervous smile before slowly opening the door and stepping in deliberately.

there he was, after a long time. the absence of him in my life was horrible. every second i spent without him felt painful. i wanted to see him so bad. i wanted to tell him how much he means to me. but i couldn't make it into words, neither could i even see him.

sangyeon lightly tapped on my shoulder. i stopped walking and turned to him. "i'll be downstairs." he mouthed. i replied with a smile and made my way deeper into the room.

juyeon was sitting on his bed with his body facing the empty wall. he tapped on the empty space beside him, and i then sat there.

"hi." i said, trying my best to hide the true emotions i felt at the time. my hands, that were placed on my lap, were trembling though.

juyeon quickly grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. "you're shaking." he said, staring blankly at my hands. "why?"

i let out a loud sigh. "i'm sorry. it's just... i haven't met you in a while and i'm really worried about-"

i couldn't finish my sentence as he held my chin up and planted a soft kiss on my lips. "i missed you." he said with that calming voice of his.

juyeon finally shook all my anxiety away and made me smile. it felt like the first time we met. his presence was everything i ever needed.