Chapter 11

You stood there in the hangar next to
Master Windu, waiting impatiently in front of your transport ship.

Skywalker was late. Five minutes late, to be exact.

You peered around the hangar, looking to see if Anakin Skywalker would come running through the maze of ships to head towards you, but no, he was still late. Your jaw clenched, your patience began to wear thin.

"I told him to be ready in an hour, that was plenty of time to pack, " Windu mutters, crossing his arms.

You nod, agreeing with him, although, it wasn't really an hour since you had taken up thirty minutes of that time cumming in front of Anakin. Whoops.

Finally, in the distance, you see a flush of dark brown fabric rushing towards you--his cloak flew behind him as he ran, trying to make up for the lost time.

"Sorry master, I was held up, " Anakin says, bowing his head as he finally arrived in front of you.

Windu flicks his eyes at Anakin, disappointed, but at the same time, not surprised. He sighs disapprovingly, "Alright Anakin. Since she's been showing more responsibility, I'm trusting her with the lead on this mission. She will be the one to report back to the Council, as well as staying in charge of the mission. However, I still expect both of you to cooperate with one another. "

You smirk, gripping on to the leather straps of your knapsack, excited that you could finally feel like you were ahead of Anakin. You finally felt like you were getting some recognition. It seemed Anakin's failures were starting to bring out the best in you.

To this sudden news, Anakin didn't seem to be pleased in the slightest. He furrowed his eyebrows, flicking his eyes to you as if to say, this is your fault, before looking back at Master Windu. "Yes master. We'll try our best." He gripped on to his knapsack straps out of pent up anger.

Master Windu raises an eyebrow, glancing between you and Anakin. "You both better do more than try. I expect to see both of you alive when you return. If either of you are dead, I'll assume you killed each other. Is that clear?"

"Yes master, " you both say in unison, bowing your head to Windu.

"Good. I'll see both of you depart. May the Force be with you, " Windu says, nodding his head towards you and Anakin. You and Anakin nod your heads back, wishing Windu a farewell before boarding the ship.

You and Anakin walk up the ramp, boots clanking against the metal, leading up into the wide compartment of the ship.

You turn around as Anakin walks past you--he heads for the pilot's seat of course--and push the button that closes the ramp to the ship, a series of whirs and air thrusters emits from the ship, the ramp closed behind you.

You made your way past the seats in the cockpit, down the bleak, white, small hallway and eventually stopped at the grey metal doors that held your quarters.

You pushed the button on the panel on the outside of the doors, it slid open with ease, revealing a tight, small room with a small twin bed and enough floor space for maybe four astromechs to fit inside. The only storage that was available seemed to be under the bed. You shrugged, throwing the knapsack under the bed, and made your way to back to the cockpit, where Anakin sat in the pilot's seat with his droid R2-D2 beside him.

You look at Anakin and then look at the droid--the ghostly blue image of a hologram appeared near Anakin's boot--an image of Ancem, along with the coordinates for the flight.

"Are we ready for takeoff?" You ask, crossing your arms, looking at Anakin expectantly.

His eyes flick up towards you, a glint of annoyance shined in his eyes, before swiveling around in his seat to face the dashboard that was loaded with buttons, switches, and levers.