Tan.

I recently found this old, 'build-a-bear' stuffed-animal in my closet that I got when I turned 12? Maybe it was 13. Anyways, it's a soft little rabbit. Nothing special, not sparkly, no noises, nothing. Just a brown rabbit. Actually.. more tan. It's one of my only stuffed animals and honestly?... I forgot about it all these years and it kind-of tears me up. I feel bad that I left it in my closet for so long. Neglected. Forgotten. Collecting dust. But now it sits with me at my desk - sometimes I hold it in my lap when I work. It comforts me. Makes me feel grounded, purposeful.

          It's the same as the other things I own, but really it just feels special. More. More worth than the other things I own.

         I forgot what its name is. Maybe I'll name it Goldie? Or Stanley. Maybe Sherley. Ashe? Who knows. I'm not sure yet. It is very cute though. It has a little pink nose and black beady ey-

         "How many times do I have to call you down here? Are you listening to me?"

          Oh! Looks like my time is up now. She thinks. Thinks of her next move.

          "One sec mum pleas-" I have to go set the table. I have to go before she comes here and makes me go.

         She packs away her mute-coloured highlighters and her tan and grey pencils and pushes her brown chair under her white desk. She walks out of her room, already forgetting the rabbit.

          She lives a seemingly dull life. But that's only because it's up to her to colour it in.