Part 4

Kim Ji Won's POV

"Ha Neul..." I whispered to myself in disbelief.

"I can't believe you're alive!" He said as he pulled out from the hug. "Have you committed a crime in korea? Why did you suddenly disappear?" He joked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked to divert his question.

"No, what are YOU doing here all this time?" He countered.

"Uh... well, I was... Vacation!" I lied.

"Mhmm." He nodded not really buying what I said.

"Were you about to get some coffee?" He asked.

"I was going to but it's getting late so I really have to go." I stated as I slowly took all my bags from the ground.

"Who are you spending your Christmas with?" He wondered.

"I'm with my mom and dad so..."

"I was going to ask you to spend Christmas with me but I guess you have better company." He cut me off. "Anyways, can I have your number at least?" He pleaded. "I promise I won't tell anybody you're here." He stated as if he knows what has been going on with my life.

I was kind of unsure whether I should trust him but we knew each other for a long time so I guess I should? I dialed my number in his phone and gave it back to him. He has the biggest smile on his face kind of like a kid who was given some sweets. He stared at me for a long time, disbelief evident in his eyes. He must have noticed it was getting uncomfortable when he shifted his gaze behind me.

"I have to go." I forced a smile at him.

"Oh, okay. See you around Ji Won." he waved at me.

I turned my heel and didn't bother look back. I know if we stayed a little longer, there's a big possibility that I may spill everything to him and cry.

Ha Neul wasn't just a friend to me, I admit. We played in a movie together and we somehow had a mutual understanding which we had to hide from everyone because of the consequences. It didn't last long though, we fell apart due to our busy schedules and although we tried to make it work, it didn't. It was also a mutual decision that we part ways. My feelings for Ha Neul's wasn't as deep as what I had for Seo Joon. But amongst all people even my friends, only Ha Neul knew what I feel about Seo Joon and of course Seo Joon himself. It was awkward at first since given the history and not to mention they were really close friends, but he understood.

---

It was already a week since that day I accidentally met Ha Neul and I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't wait for a text from him. Maybe he's back in Korea and forgot about me... or what if he already told everyone where I was? Why did I even trust him?

"Eomma, more food?" Min Jae interrupted me while pointing to his now empty mouth. For a minute I forgot I was feeding him. He happily munched on the food I just fed him and went back to playing with his tiny toy cars.

Seo Joon once showed me a picture of him when he was around 2-3 years old, Min Jae looks exactly like that kid but he obviously got the charms from me. But I am certain that him looking like his father is just a phase because he's going to spend the rest of his life with his mother only.

After feeding Min Jae, I let him watch television for a while so I could prepare food for myself. Both my parents went grocery shopping and they'll probably eat in a korean restaurant or something. I feel bad for them though, they have mentioned multiple times how they miss our home but apparently can't go back to Korea yet for my sake, so that I coild hive back to all of their sacrifices ,I need to give them a comfortable life here in New York.

I was busy making noodles when suddenly the doorbell rang, it must be my parents. I continued preparing the noodles when the doorbell rang again. Why would they keep ringing the doorbell when they have the key to this apartment?  And I couldn't think of anybody who knows my address...

I opened the door forgetting that it has a peephole I could look into if there is someone who comes around that are not my parents. I was startled when I see Ha Neul standing there. I then quickly closed the door when I remembered that Min Jae is wide awake and still watching the television. What am I going to do now? Should I pretend I didn't see him? Should I lie about Min Jae?

"Ji Won?" Ha Neul knocked through the other door.

"How did you know my address?" I shouted back at him.

"GPS?" He answered back.

Oh shit.

"What are you doing here?" I asked politely.

"Aren't you going to let me in?" He laughed.

I felt the sweat rolling down my face, and my palms too are getting really sweaty. Where am I going to hide Min Jae? He's too focused in the television, I guess i'll just talk to Ha Neul outside. I silently got out of the door and closed it behind me.

"Sorry my parents are sleeping inside." I lied.

"Oh, my apologies."

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked casually so he wouldn't notice that i'm too flustered.

"Well I thought maybe-"

He was interrupted by a loud cry inside. Oh no, Min Jae must have noticed i'm gone. I looked at him with wide eyes while he stared back at me confusion written all over his face while pointing at my door.

"Is there a child inside?" He stuttered.

My whole body was numb, my feet feels like it's literally planted on the floor. My mouth is too dry to answer him and my brain is starting to zone out. I just want to disappear right now...

—————-
Heads up: Kang Ha Neul will play a big role in Kim Ji Won and Park Seo Joon's relationship in this fanfic.

Like and comment. 💛