Neito, Shihai, and his Family (Prologue)

It was September 25th, 20XX.

Shihai Kuroiro, five-years-old, was outside with his siblings (Kaito Kuroiro, Akira Kuroiro, Tori Kuroiro, and Shikha Kuroiro) playing tag. Tori and Shikha were giggling as they ran around. They seemed to be having fun while their mother, Asuna Kuroiro, only smiled as she watched her children run around giggling as four of them ran away from one.

Being a single parent was hard for her; Her husband passed away when she was 4 months in. She was devastated, but she refused to let it affect her and her children. She did all she could to keep her children happy, but also careful to not spoil them.

In the background, a door opened and a short blond walked out, pale purple eyes gazing around before spotting the five playing around. Shihai seemed to notice and stopped running, looking over at the blond before waving. "Hey, Neito!" He shouted, grinning. "Wanna join?"

"Sure!" The short blond called Neito shouted back, crossing the yard over to Shihai as the latter got tagged. "Tag, you're it!" Tori laughed, happy that she managed to get Shihai while he was still distracted.

"Oi! Get back here!" He laughed, chasing Tori. Neito only chuckled lightly, joining in on the game.

---

November 29th, 20XX

Asuna Kuroiro called her children down, holding a sad smile on her face. "Yes, mum?" Shihai questioned with a grin, nearly tripping as he ran down the stairs. His expression, however, darkened as he noticed his mom's sad smile. "Don't tell me we're moving again!"

Asuna waited for the rest of her children to come down. "I'm afraid we are," she stated, watching her children's expressions drop. "I can't keep up with the rent anymore."

"But I don't wanna go!" Tori and Kaito whined. Shihai only looked down at the floor sadly, knowing protesting wouldn't help.

"I don't wanna go either," Shihai said calmly, but clearly upset on the inside. "I made a friend this time."

Poor kids were only 6 and yet they've moved twice already. Shihai made friends the other times but this time only made one.

---

November 30th, 20XX

After getting home from school, little Shihai walked to Neito's house rather than his own. Upon getting to the door, Shihai knocked and patiently waited for the door to open and, after about 10-20 seconds, it opened, showing Neito's mother. "Shihai, dear?" Kira Monoma asked.

Footsteps rumbled from the kitchen and a particular blond ran out and slipped. Kira looked over and sighed, walking over to the child. "Neito, what have I said about running in the kitchen?"

"Not to! But it's fun!" He giggled, getting up. Shihai giggled a bit before remembering why he was there in the first place. His entire mood got flipped upside-down and he looked down at the ground almost-sadly.

"Shihai? What's wrong?" Neito asked, noticing the sudden change of Shihai's expression.

"I'm going to be moving soon," he said slowly, making sure he didn't stumble over his words.

"What? No!" Neito whined, tackling Shihai in a hug. "You can't go!"

"My mum can't keep up with the rent. It's not my choice," he said, giving a sad smile almost identical to the one his mom had upon breaking the news. "She has to keep up with a family of six on her own."

Shihai was a surprisingly-reasonable child, knowing he couldn't change people's mind when they were made up.

"No!" Neito whined again.

"It's not my choice," Shihai repeated. "We barely get anything for our birthdays. That's how hard it is for her to keep up."

"What about your dad?" Neito asked, not knowing Shihai's father passed away during his mother's pregnancy and forgetting that Shihai had said 'on her own'.

"Dad?" The white-haired male questioned.

"You don't have a dad?!" Neito asked, taken aback.

"I don't know what that is..?"

"A dad is a parent! Who lives with your mom!"

"I thought mums raised their children on their own..."

"No! Of course not!"

---

July 25th, 20XX

Shihai, now twelve, finished unpacking boxes into his family's seventh home. We've moved so many times, he thought to himself. Why is my mum so poor? Why was she cursed to raise us on her own? He looked around his new home. This place looks oddly familiar, he mused, getting a feeling of deja vu. Have I been here before?

He looked around, cocking an eyebrow. His eyes looked sleepy and were half-lidded for an unknown reason as he did. "Why does this place seem so...Familiar?" He muttered to himself. I remember...I remember a short blond. Pale blue eyes, then it clicked. I lived here before! What was the kid's name though?

Nagisa? Nei..? Neira? Touya? No, it wasn't Touya, Nagisa, nor Neira...What was his name? Little did Shihai know, Nagisa was a female name.

After five minutes of trying to remember the blond's name, he noticed someone at his neighbour's house. An average-height blond. He looks familiar.

Shihai headed towards the door, opening it and grimacing at the sudden light exposure. His eyes always adjusted to the darkness too quickly for his own liking, the reason for this is assumed to be because of his quirk. It was the only thing left to say since there hadn't been any other possible links to a disorder and his eyes adjusting to the darkness quickly other than his quirk.

He looked over and waved, uncertain of whether the blond had noticed him or not. He looks too familiar, he muses. What is his name?

The blond noticed Shihai and paused in his tracks. The blond stared for a moment before it hit him. Shihai? The blond mused, running up to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him.

Even when he did get close enough to Shihai, the blond still wasn't quite convinced that his eyes weren't deceiving him. So, to make sure, he asked a random question although not sure if the white-haired male remembered him. Heck, the blond barely remembered Shihai. "What are the names of your siblings?" The blond asked, having a vague memory that Shihai had siblings, but did not remember how many.

Shihai only paused, taking a bit of time to register the blond's features. Blond hair, pale purple eyes, he mused. "What's your name?" He asked, unable to remember the blond's name.

He doesn't remember me, the blond mused before answering. "Monoma. Monoma Neito," he says.

The other male's eyes widened in realisation. Neito! He mused. "Neito!" He repeated out loud. "It's been so long! It's been what? Six years?"

Neito grinned in relief, happy that his old friend recognised him after all this time.